Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

Change from 2021 til Now….

Tour Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 04-16-2022, 01:25 AM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
These Days
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 2,420
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
2. Could it be some contractual obligation? Like Burning Bridges with the record company was? No idea what deal they had signed after the 2014/15 turmoil, but maybe they're obliged to play a certain amount of shows at minimum for the cancelled tour with Bryan Adams.
The record company will have nothing to do with shows, especially now that CDs are not sold with tickets. And it would be very unusual for any band to have a kind of contract with a promoter that forces them to do shows. Jon and his management are too smart to have a contract like that. So I'd be suprised if that's it.

How much money has Bon Jovi the company earned in the last couple of years? not much, same as most of the entertainment industry. But they still have outgoings that need paying, rentals on equitment storage, wages, tax bills etc etc etc. It all adds up! Maybe it's simply a case of they had to do these shows in order to keep things ticking along financially for Bon Jovi the company, rather than to make Jon a shit load of money....
__________________
Thinny
Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 04-16-2022, 01:35 AM
DestinationJovi's Avatar
DestinationJovi DestinationJovi is offline
Senior Member
Blame it on the love of posting
 
Join Date: 06 Jun 2006
Gender: female
Posts: 1,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
The base ticket prices are decided on by the promoter, not the ticket agent. The ticket agent will add their fees on top of this. The management (and therefore the band) of course do have a say on those base ticket prices before they go on sale. The band and their management absolutely can decide how much they charge for VIP tickets.

Ticketmaster does not decide on the prices ever, aside from their own additional fees. base ticket prices are set before the show is announced. The only prices that fluctuate are the resell value, which has nothing to do with the band, management or promoter. Or if tickets are left unsold near to the time of the show, in which case they will be reduced, or offered as 2 for 1's etc - again, this would be a promoter decision rather than a ticketmaster decision.
I think he's referring to Ticketmaster's "dynamic pricing," which fluctuates the prices based on supply and demand. You'll know when the prices have fluctuated because you get a pop up stating they're utilizing dynamic pricing before they show you available tickets for a show. But artists can opt out of it. And every time I've checked Bon Jovi tickets this tour, I've never seen the dynamic pricing pop up so it appears that they opted out.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-16-2022, 02:29 AM
MissUnderstood1 MissUnderstood1 is offline
Junior Member
Suddenly
 
Join Date: 01 Nov 2020
Gender: female
Posts: 8
Default

Dear Bon Jovi Fans and "fans"
I really don't like the way many people talk about Jon's vocals. Honestly, i've always thought that fans should support their idol. I don't think his problems are a reason to talk shit about him; we all know his voice has changed over the years and we all know that he's been having some singing troubles recently. That's why he started singing in a lower key and what's most important here is that he's adjusting the way he sings to how he's able to sing.
What many people are talking is just pathetic and childish. Here's a JBJ support video i've recorded; just for y'all to know there still are people who love him and who will love and support him forever and a day.
https://youtu.be/_Iwqn-pgD_E
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-16-2022, 09:30 AM
Butters's Avatar
Butters Butters is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 17 Oct 2006
Age: 37
Gender: male
Posts: 2,197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissUnderstood1 View Post
Dear Bon Jovi Fans and "fans"
I really don't like the way many people talk about Jon's vocals. Honestly, i've always thought that fans should support their idol. I don't think his problems are a reason to talk shit about him; we all know his voice has changed over the years and we all know that he's been having some singing troubles recently. That's why he started singing in a lower key and what's most important here is that he's adjusting the way he sings to how he's able to sing.
What many people are talking is just pathetic and childish. Here's a JBJ support video i've recorded; just for y'all to know there still are people who love him and who will love and support him forever and a day.
https://youtu.be/_Iwqn-pgD_E
www.backstagejbj.com

(I've no idea if that site even exists anymore)
__________________
These days the stars seem out of reach
But these days there ain't a ladder on these streets
These days are fast, love don't last in this graceless age
Even innocence has caught the midnight train
And there ain't nobody left but us these days
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-16-2022, 09:35 AM
liljovi93's Avatar
liljovi93 liljovi93 is offline
Senior Member
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 27 Mar 2007
Location: Liverpool
Age: 29
Gender: male
Posts: 12,221
Send a message via MSN to liljovi93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissUnderstood1 View Post
Dear Bon Jovi Fans and "fans"

I really don't like the way many people talk about Jon's vocals. Honestly, i've always thought that fans should support their idol. I don't think his problems are a reason to talk shit about him; we all know his voice has changed over the years and we all know that he's been having some singing troubles recently. That's why he started singing in a lower key and what's most important here is that he's adjusting the way he sings to how he's able to sing.

What many people are talking is just pathetic and childish. Here's a JBJ support video i've recorded; just for y'all to know there still are people who love him and who will love and support him forever and a day.

https://youtu.be/_Iwqn-pgD_E
Jerry, is that you?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
__________________


Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!


Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-16-2022, 11:20 AM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
These Days
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 2,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissUnderstood1 View Post
Dear Bon Jovi Fans and "fans"
I really don't like the way many people talk about Jon's vocals. Honestly, i've always thought that fans should support their idol. I don't think his problems are a reason to talk shit about him; we all know his voice has changed over the years and we all know that he's been having some singing troubles recently. That's why he started singing in a lower key and what's most important here is that he's adjusting the way he sings to how he's able to sing.
What many people are talking is just pathetic and childish. Here's a JBJ support video i've recorded; just for y'all to know there still are people who love him and who will love and support him forever and a day.
https://youtu.be/_Iwqn-pgD_E
No one is talking hit about him, people are just telling it how it is an voicing their opinions. Don't be a sheep.
__________________
Thinny
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-16-2022, 11:22 AM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
These Days
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 2,420
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post
I think he's referring to Ticketmaster's "dynamic pricing," which fluctuates the prices based on supply and demand. You'll know when the prices have fluctuated because you get a pop up stating they're utilizing dynamic pricing before they show you available tickets for a show. But artists can opt out of it. And every time I've checked Bon Jovi tickets this tour, I've never seen the dynamic pricing pop up so it appears that they opted out.
Ahh ok that must be something specific to USA, we don't have that here. Not sure it would even be legal here to be honest...the ticket price is the ticket price and that's that, unless it's a resell
__________________
Thinny
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-16-2022, 06:24 PM
rolo_tomachi rolo_tomachi is offline
Senior Member
Price of posting
 
Join Date: 19 Aug 2009
Gender: male
Posts: 5,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissUnderstood1 View Post
Dear Bon Jovi Fans and "fans"
I really don't like the way many people talk about Jon's vocals. Honestly, i've always thought that fans should support their idol. I don't think his problems are a reason to talk shit about him; we all know his voice has changed over the years and we all know that he's been having some singing troubles recently. That's why he started singing in a lower key and what's most important here is that he's adjusting the way he sings to how he's able to sing.
What many people are talking is just pathetic and childish. Here's a JBJ support video i've recorded; just for y'all to know there still are people who love him and who will love and support him forever and a day.
https://youtu.be/_Iwqn-pgD_E
Let's open Pandora's box,


So let's see, you do not lack reason in what you say, sometimes it is carried too far to lynching. I have that same overprotective feeling with Richie, but we can't ignore reality. When Richie is criticized in a video, I get angry, but then I say to myself, what the hell are you doing Richie. And this happens in any fandom with some objectivity.

Jon's voice problem is the same one he had from 2015-16 onwards. Sooner or later this barrage of criticism was going to come. Now Jon is 60 years old, so we shouldn't be so harsh. and I include myself, it's something all have to work on.

About the fans, what is this about "fans"? .... is it that you are less of a fan for saying what you really think?. Many fans only give their opinion and concern about the state Jon is in, I don't think singing hakuna matata while ignoring the problem will fix everything and make you more of a fan than the rest. Bon Jovi for me is music, not a cult of a man.

About ... forever and one more day, it's very nice, but it's not the first time I've heard it from a self-proclaimed true fan. Many fans, especially "young", often make these kinds of statements, and it's okay, they have that special feeling, but a few years later, BJ is forgotten for them. I can't blame that either, the passage of time changes us, and with it our priorities. But it is usually these types of fans who finally forget.

Haters... well, here we go Jovitalk. A fan site created since 2002, updating every step the band takes... I don't know of another fan site so dedicated and that has lasted this long on the internet. you may or may not like the opinions of some members sometimes, but the good thing about this site is that it will always be there. ACTIVE. It is not one of those elitist cult sites where only a few have access (you know, you are not "fan" enough to belong to their club,) nor will they silence you for thinking differently. but it's not the wild west either.

I've followed the band for decades, I've enjoyed a lot of sites dedicated to BJ that don't exist now, so when you say "there still are people who love him and who will love and support him forever and a day" , I can't imagine any other site other than Jovitalk.

Everyone is welcome. Sometimes some fans take things too seriously, even turning it into something personal, I think this has always happened and will happen in any discussion forum, so on many occasions, you should not take things literally. Being more open minded, but too knowing when a conversation with another member is going nowhere.

Everyone here knows my opinion, for me the magical Jovi of live shows ended when Richie defected and Jon's voice shot. Because I've witnessed so many amazing moments... and this is not the way he (they) was supposed to age. However, I am still here, interested in his new music, because there is no better feeling than waiting for a new record. Nothing has changed, I embrace some things and others are not my cup of tea... but I hope that his new songs will accompany us for a longer time. That's just my honest opinion, it doesn't mean throwing in the towel, but I'm a realist and I know that we are in its period of decline.

I'm glad to know that Bon Jovi still has a great drawing power to fill arenas and probably even stadiums in Europe, despite Jon's voice problems. If Guns N Roses can do it with Axl, why isn't Jon going to continue?


Don't Give Up

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 04-17-2022 at 02:17 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-16-2022, 07:47 PM
efpg0708 efpg0708 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi FANatic
 
Join Date: 27 Jul 2010
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Age: 37
Gender: male
Posts: 1,538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissUnderstood1 View Post
Dear Bon Jovi Fans and "fans"
I really don't like the way many people talk about Jon's vocals. Honestly, i've always thought that fans should support their idol. I don't think his problems are a reason to talk shit about him; we all know his voice has changed over the years and we all know that he's been having some singing troubles recently. That's why he started singing in a lower key and what's most important here is that he's adjusting the way he sings to how he's able to sing.
What many people are talking is just pathetic and childish. Here's a JBJ support video i've recorded; just for y'all to know there still are people who love him and who will love and support him forever and a day.
https://youtu.be/_Iwqn-pgD_E

It just happens that the reason why Bon Jovi is my favorite band is because of their songs and their live shows.

Now the songs are not good anymore (with a few exceptions here and there) and the live shows are nowhere near the level they used to be. Realizing that doesn’t make you a hater, but saying “I’ll praise him till the end no matter what he does” basically means that you love Jon Bon Jovi more than Bon Jovi’s music, and there’s nothing wrong with that. To each their own. But seeing the plain reality doesn’t make one a hater.

Cheers

Eduardo


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.