View Single Post

Old 04-16-2022, 12:06 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeofglory View Post
I think I'm gonna play the devil's advocate here for a second, but I do wonder if the high ticket prices are even due to Jon wanting to make more money for himself or to make more money for the crew etc. and if he even chooses the ticket prices himself.

I'm wondering about this because based on some figures I found from the US shows on the last tour this tour right now is probably gonna gross $22-23 million in total. And as crazy as that sounds to say that's only like 5% of Jon's net worth and he doesn't even get to keep it all for himself. It's like when you have $100 and you earn $5, except you have to split them with a band that's big enough to be considered an orchestra at this point, your manager, your crew, etc.

Of course you could say the rich just wanna get even richer, but given how much he's struggling with live performances these days it doesn't seem like a particularly lucrative investment to spend a month exhausting yourself physically and mentally just to earn such a "small" amount of money compared to what you already have, if money is your (main) motivation for doing it.

The ticket prices are obviously ridiculous (and maybe even more so from a European perspective since I've never had to pay that much money for a concert in my life), but that does - at least in part - seem more like a general problem in the US than just a Bon Jovi specific one.
Oh I'm with you, I've never blamed the ticket prices solely on the acts, it's a mixture of a lot of different things within the organization and the outside contracts with live Nation, ticketmaster, venues and so on. But we as fans and consumers decide whether what's being offered is worth it for the prices its being offered. That answer differs depending on the person but for me it's Jon's current vocal state that's the deal breaker, what he's charging is not concurrent with what he's able to deliver as sad as that is for me to say.