View Single Post

Old 04-16-2022, 12:35 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
The base ticket prices are decided on by the promoter, not the ticket agent. The ticket agent will add their fees on top of this. The management (and therefore the band) of course do have a say on those base ticket prices before they go on sale. The band and their management absolutely can decide how much they charge for VIP tickets.

Ticketmaster does not decide on the prices ever, aside from their own additional fees. base ticket prices are set before the show is announced. The only prices that fluctuate are the resell value, which has nothing to do with the band, management or promoter. Or if tickets are left unsold near to the time of the show, in which case they will be reduced, or offered as 2 for 1's etc - again, this would be a promoter decision rather than a ticketmaster decision.
I think he's referring to Ticketmaster's "dynamic pricing," which fluctuates the prices based on supply and demand. You'll know when the prices have fluctuated because you get a pop up stating they're utilizing dynamic pricing before they show you available tickets for a show. But artists can opt out of it. And every time I've checked Bon Jovi tickets this tour, I've never seen the dynamic pricing pop up so it appears that they opted out.