Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

Cost of Tour

Tour Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 04-23-2017, 02:33 PM
Captain.Crash's Avatar
Captain.Crash Captain.Crash is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 31 Aug 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Age: 35
Posts: 791
Send a message via ICQ to Captain.Crash Send a message via MSN to Captain.Crash
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
None of this is closely remote to being true...

1.Tickets went on sale months prior which gave them projected sales figures...

2. I was at these shows and Jon didn't hang onto the mics at all.

Try again!!!

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
Try again? To What?

Everyone here knows there has been many times when he grabs the Mic and drapes both arms over it. And he always does it when the livin on a prayer overlay dub hits.

So many people at the shows I went to commented on the lack of video screens and if you look on Facebook after shows there were lots of comments there .

Why can't disagreement be seen as only that? Rather than some attempt to tarnish the band and their legacy?
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 04-23-2017, 02:41 PM
bonjovi90's Avatar
bonjovi90 bonjovi90 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Freak
 
Join Date: 07 Jun 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 3,492
Send a message via ICQ to bonjovi90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Crash View Post
Try again? To What?

Everyone here knows there has been many times when he grabs the Mic and drapes both arms over it. And he always does it when the livin on a prayer overlay dub hits.

So many people at the shows I went to commented on the lack of video screens and if you look on Facebook after shows there were lots of comments there .

Why can't disagreement be seen as only that? Rather than some attempt to tarnish the band and their legacy?
Because he enjoyed the shows for what they were and that makes any other argument invalid!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-23-2017, 02:57 PM
Rdkopper's Avatar
Rdkopper Rdkopper is offline
Senior Member
Price of posting
 
Join Date: 04 Oct 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 5,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Crash View Post
Try again? To What?

Everyone here knows there has been many times when he grabs the Mic and drapes both arms over it. And he always does it when the livin on a prayer overlay dub hits.

So many people at the shows I went to commented on the lack of video screens and if you look on Facebook after shows there were lots of comments there .

Why can't disagreement be seen as only that? Rather than some attempt to tarnish the band and their legacy?
I'm not arguing your point of there being a lack of video screens. I'm arguing your points for the reasons why...

Your first reason was, they wanted to keep costs down in fear of low ticket sales which in my option is absolutely ridiculous to begin with but in truth, they had projected numbers because the shows went on sale months prior...

Your second reason for not having screens was because Jon didn't want people to see him glued to the mic which is also absolutely ridiculous BTY but also untrue because I was at three of those shows, and he was running around like a mad man...

So yes, try again

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
__________________
World’s Most Professional Bon Jovi Fan!!!

Last edited by Rdkopper; 04-23-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-23-2017, 04:39 PM
ThePunisher's Avatar
ThePunisher ThePunisher is offline
Senior Member
Next 100 Posts
 
Join Date: 16 Feb 2017
Location: NYC
Gender: female
Posts: 114
Default

Gotta agree here with RDK, the fact that you want to say no video screens was a cost saving measure is beyond ludicrous. If there was even a slight chance of low ticket sales, they have insurances and safety nets for that. So yes as said above, try again.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-23-2017, 09:51 PM
Javier's Avatar
Javier Javier is offline
Senior Member
Blaze of Posting
 
Join Date: 22 Aug 2002
Location: Puerto Rico
Gender: male
Posts: 9,156
Default

You could look for reasons and excuses for just about anything, but lack of video screens could just be a stylistic choice for this leg of the tour. They've taken a very simplistic approach to the stage set up and no big jumbo video screens was just another layer of that set up. Sometimes the simplest answer is the right one, or, you could just choose to believe whatever theory you have....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-23-2017, 10:06 PM
Rdkopper's Avatar
Rdkopper Rdkopper is offline
Senior Member
Price of posting
 
Join Date: 04 Oct 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 5,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
You could look for reasons and excuses for just about anything, but lack of video screens could just be a stylistic choice for this leg of the tour. They've taken a very simplistic approach to the stage set up and no big jumbo video screens was just another layer of that set up. Sometimes the simplest answer is the right one, or, you could just choose to believe whatever theory you have....
Agree!!!!!

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
__________________
World’s Most Professional Bon Jovi Fan!!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-24-2017, 04:28 AM
Captain.Crash's Avatar
Captain.Crash Captain.Crash is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 31 Aug 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Age: 35
Posts: 791
Send a message via ICQ to Captain.Crash Send a message via MSN to Captain.Crash
Default

Probably right on the ticket sales.... But the idea that Jon himself was insecure and his vocals were the worst they've ever been is absolutely a fair theory. And yes while he did "move aroind" at both Toronto shows, more than the last time I saw them in 2013... he absolutely was glued to the Mic stand for any song that had tougher vocals.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-28-2017, 08:44 PM
C'monFeet C'monFeet is offline
Senior Member
Dry County
 
Join Date: 28 Jul 2009
Gender: male
Posts: 1,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljo View Post
It costs about $10.4 million for Bon Jovi to stage its This House Is Not for Sale tour. Here are some of the larger expenses:

Substantially less than a new Broadway/West End musical, and with substantially less risk.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-10-2017, 09:18 PM
Elvistico Elvistico is offline
Senior Member
Wanted Dead or Alive
 
Join Date: 30 Aug 2003
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Gender: male
Posts: 446
Default

I just wonder what Jon was thinking after seeing U2 in Chicago with their the Joshua Tree Tour. This stage is (again) such a state of the art production and U2 are so on top of their game. Jon - competitive as he is - surely does go home with a feeling that U2 are outperforming his band big time.

I know a Jovi show holds the middle between a Bruce and a U2 show, so in terms of lights, production, stage etc, ... they will never try to be more spectacular than U2, but i remember that he has mentioned to be very disappointed in their own productions in past tours and that the creative agency they are working with had their final chance with the 'Sofia' stage.

They did a great job and Jon was really proud of that .
Can't image if you're 'Bon Jovi' that you don't want to show off a little bit just to show the world who they are and were they come from.

A bit of visual magic just adds to the experience of a live show.


If I had a chance to talk to Jon once, this would probably be one of my first questions.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.