View Single Post

Old 05-22-2019, 12:27 PM
Born to be my Baby

A great production definitely adds to the show.
Visuals are the extra touch to a great performance. We are all sensitive to get all our senses stimulated. U2, The Stones, Roger Waters, Muse, Coldplay Rammstein, Metallica. All fantastic performing bands with amazing productions. I really hope Bon Jovi is getting back to their stage designs that they used for the One Wild Night tour, The Bounce Tour, Have a nice day Tour or the WAN tour.

Only Bruce Springsteen truly doesn't care about what it looks like but let's all admit that Jon isn't the performer he used to be and he does not have Springsteens charisma to become the storyteller or the performer that draws the attention to him anymore.

For the money of their tickets and the size of the venues, I hope we get blown away by the production as well as the music / sound.

Sure, the production can never make up for a poor performance so it will be the musical performance that will set the bar for the shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpg0708 View Post
To be honest, I don’t care about the stage that much. Take a look at the 2010/2011 stages: just a big screen showing the band, and we had fantastic shows. For me, it’s about the music and the passion.

Another example: I’m a big Pink Floyd diehard. I’ve seen a lot of both Roger and David gigs, and three of them in particular comes to mind:

In 2018, Roger came to Brazil with his soccer field sized screen, with tons of lasers, space ships and so on ... but with a flat band, his pre-recorded vocals, terrible backsingers and tons of hyprocritical political speeches and images ... I left during the intermission.

On the other hand, David came in 2015 with just a big screen showing him and the band playing, said two of three words to the audience, but played with such passion and emotion that everybody left feeling like they had witnessed something special. There were more than 55.000 people in there that day. On the contrary, in 2006, I saw him at the Rosemont Theater in Chicago. There wasn’t even a screen, as the place is tiny. The end result was the same.

Bon Jovi used to be all about Jon’s singing and emotion on stage, his interaction with Richie together with Richie’s guitar sound, all put together by a fantastic band. Now that most of that is gone, I couldn’t care less about what the stage looks like.

Cheers

Eduardo