View Single Post

Old 05-23-2019, 09:32 AM
Born to be my Baby

Correct. Too bad I didn't think about it any sooner. The place where they 'test' the stage setup is actually in Werchter. Not on the actual festival ground but just a small field nearby. That's where they set it up

Too bad this topic wasn't launched a bit earler - it would have been my cue to drive over there and go and take some pictures

For the WAN tour, since the stage was pretty particular, some photos made it to the press and they published it. This time, even if it's all gonna look cool, people over there get to see new stages all the time, so they won't be bothered to take photos of it.

At the same time, on the festivalground itself, they have started to prepare for the ROCK Werchter festival itself, so there also a lot of construction going on.

The only thing I am affraid of is that they won't be using their own stage in Werchter, but they will use the Rock Werchter stage. I hope not, but I think so.

Have a nice day y'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

No, they won't. The stage is setup in Belgium because of the production company for most big concert stages being from Belgium. There's 2 concert stages and there'll be subtle differences between them as well. They'll do a run through there with the crew and then take it down for transport. The first time the band will see the stage in person will be in Moscow.

Seeing as Moscow is a 3 day drive from Belgium and they need 3 days to set it up chances are your picture is either from them taking it down or a few days older than today. Going by what the stage looks like I think it's nice but I still prefer the car. I think their car stage is one of the best concert stages I've ever seen.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan