View Single Post

Old 02-15-2017, 06:39 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpg0708 View Post
My main issue is not just about the static setlists, but with the overall performance of the band. As I said ... they still put on a good shows for the casuals, but for the majority of the diehards they don't. And it's not about watching it on youtube: I was there in 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2013. You might ask: How can you complain about the 2017 set if you didn't watch one gig ? Simple ... because it's clear that Jon is glued to the mic stand, his voice is gone (and that means that most of the GOOD rarities won't be played) and most of all:

1. This House Is Not For Sale
2. Knockout
3. You Give Love A Bad Name
4. Born To Be My Baby
5. We Weren't Born To Follow
6. Lost Highway

7. Roller Coaster
8. Work For The Working Man
9. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
10. We Got It Goin' On
11. Who Says You Can't Go Home

12. It's My Life
13. We Don't Run
14. God Bless This Mess
15. Scars on This Guitar
16. The Devil's in the Temple
17. Lay Your Hands On Me
18. Blood on Blood
19. Have a Nice Day
20. Bad Medicine
21. Keep the Faith
-------------------------------
22. Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
23. Wanted Dead or Alive
24. Prayer

I have seen these songs played to death a hundred times. It's just not fun anymore. So for me and for a lot of diehards, an excelent performance of Lost Highway, Born to Follow and Who Says still is boring, because the songs are boring.

As for the setlists ... They can easily shake things up. Phil was able to learn songs in between shows in 2011 and 2013, and Shanks has been with the guys for 12 years now.
Jon's voice is what it is right now and that dictates much of the set lists... I don't agree that Jon is glued to the mic... After a few knee operations, I don't expect a 55 year old man to do jumping jacks either... He's moving around and invented other things to do...

Also, out of the songs you highlighted in red, most of them were hits, singles, or justifiable... So in essence you want to Jon to cater to you and you only...

You Give Love A Bad Name - Hit Song from 80's
Born To Be My Baby - Hit Song from 80's
Who Says You Can't Go Home - Hit Song from '05
We Weren't Born To Follow - 2010 Lead Single and the last one to get decent radio play (minor hit)

Lost Highway - Jon's Songs he Does For Himself
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead - Jon's Songs he Does For Himself

We Got It Goin' On - Great rare track crowd pleaser

Work For The Working Man - Needs to go