View Single Post

Old 02-15-2017, 10:05 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by manarosi View Post
gonna try to explain it in a really fast way...he's trying to get back to his full chest's voice (which he hasn't got trained in like 15 years) and get rid of his nasal voice. Now what makes him incosistent is that to do that he just stiffens up (all those strange faces he does are because of this and because of his habit to sing with his nose) and his throat closes... forgive me for my english but i'm italian
I get what you mean. But he's been doing those strange faces since 2008 (he did them before, but not as noticeably, Giants Stadium from 2006 comes to mind) when he started getting better in terms of hitting the notes but more nasal. I actually know a little bit about singing (emphasis on a little) so I never understood why he looked and sounded like this while singing through his nose when it's supposed to be a gentler method, he shouldn't be straining so much! Or maybe different vocal coaches have different techniques and mine is shit lol

Thanks for the technical info. I actually think I remember another poster who also knew about singing and answered me a while back, but I haven't been able to find the thread. I love learning more

These days what's left of me ain't no Prince Charming

We know Jon, we know