View Single Post

Old 02-16-2017, 12:35 AM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbeline View Post
I get what you mean. But he's been doing those strange faces since 2008 (he did them before, but not as noticeably, Giants Stadium from 2006 comes to mind) when he started getting better in terms of hitting the notes but more nasal. I actually know a little bit about singing (emphasis on a little) so I never understood why he looked and sounded like this while singing through his nose when it's supposed to be a gentler method, he shouldn't be straining so much! Or maybe different vocal coaches have different techniques and mine is shit lol

Thanks for the technical info. I actually think I remember another poster who also knew about singing and answered me a while back, but I haven't been able to find the thread. I love learning more
Oh yeah i'm an amateur singer so i know just a little too! But talking about it With my teacher just helped me understand a few things! What we think is that he chose to "sing with his nose" during crush tour to keep his chords healthy and then just couldn't go back because of all the smoke thing... He should be straining because with all the smoke he had 'til 2008 his entire throat and lungs area is a complete mess so that he can't take air(and sing) to his oral cavity easily.. Don't know if he can have surgery though