Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

February 26, 2018 - Hard Rock Hotel Vegas (JBJ Solo)

Tour Discussion

Old 02-28-2018, 06:58 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

When the set is limited to like 3 songs, it’s not to their benefit to do 2 from SWW. When it comes down to it, Prayer is the song that sat at #1 on the Billboard charts for a month. Globally, Always had more chart impact even though It didn’t hit #1 in the USA (I have yet to figure out why). I personally have no enthusiasm about hearing either IML or WSYCGH, but both of those songs ushered in new eras of popularity and new generations of fans. It really is a tough decision about what to play and it’s not fully up to Jon anyway. The HOF dictates much of what happens on the show.

Last edited by Becky; 02-28-2018 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: Damn you autocorrect.

Old 02-28-2018, 07:14 PM
WhamATC

I just hope it isn't a standard setlist (IML, LOAP, WDOA) for the RnR HoF.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:17 PM
These Days

I kind of agree with where Jon's mindset is with the HOF thing. The bands concept has always been to stay relevat, to never become a nostalgia act like many of their peers. Yes, of course the 80s stuff are by far the most popular stuff but going up ignoring the rest of your career kind of goes against everything the band stands for. I'd like to see one song from each era.

1. It's My Life
2. Keep the Faith
3. Livin' on a Prayer

Kind of shows Bon Jovi at three different times in their career. I hope Jon doesn't consider Who Says. It is just not strong enough to be played on a cermony like that. If they're going for a modern song except It's My Life I'd say Have a Nice Day.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:38 PM
Keep the Faith

Still no footage of IWDYH?
Old 03-01-2018, 06:25 AM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlhouse View Post
According to this clip, he definitely seems to be aware of his biggest weakness. Unless he’s acting, he got quite emotional talking about it at one point.

https://www.facebook.com/kellycarden...6218755691602/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On Twitter, Runaway Tours tweeted the following:

“Are you joining us for our JBJ trip to Las #Vegas? At Kelly Cardena's Salon if you say you're with Runaway Tours or show your laminate you'll get 25% off style, haircuts and coloring! It's located next to Vanity Lounge in the Hard Rock Hotel. #runawaytours”

Makes me think that JBJ knows Kelly Cardenas, who asked the question that made JBJ emotional in the video. Maybe this is why he was so honest and open versus answering a “regular fan”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2018, 05:27 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamATC View Post
I just hope it isn't a standard setlist (IML, LOAP, WDOA) for the RnR HoF.
What a car crash of abbreviation!
26th June 2010, The O2 Arena, London.
8th June 2013, Manchester Ethiad Stadium.
19th June 2019, Liverpool Anfield Stadium.

Old 03-02-2018, 04:28 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky0003 View Post
On Twitter, Runaway Tours tweeted the following:

“Are you joining us for our JBJ trip to Las #Vegas? At Kelly Cardena's Salon if you say you're with Runaway Tours or show your laminate you'll get 25% off style, haircuts and coloring! It's located next to Vanity Lounge in the Hard Rock Hotel. #runawaytours”

Makes me think that JBJ knows Kelly Cardenas, who asked the question that made JBJ emotional in the video. Maybe this is why he was so honest and open versus answering a “regular fan”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought some random dude asked the question

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2018, 05:27 AM
Dry County

Wow ... that video of Jon choking up when talking about his voice really got me ... I really feel for him. It must be very sad to realize that you've lost your biggest craft.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:59 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

I feel bad for 2018 Jon. He truly seems gutted about his voice and I believe he's working his ass off to get to a somewhat decent level. It must be heart-breaking.

But he didn't wake up one day and his voice was gone. It has been going downhill for 20 years!!! I know we are not privy to all the reasons, who knows, maybe he never stood a chance and was too proud to admit his voice was always weak and he couldn't fight natural deterioration that comes with age (though it's hard to believe due to the fact that he admittedly worked very hard around 2008 and got part of his voice back) but honestly seeing him smoking on and off for so many years and especially in the fvcking documentary!! I can't feel but frustration and disappointment for that Jon who was clearly losing his voice but had the nerve to flaunt that nasty habit and demand exorbitant prices for average performances. Do it in private you idiot.
Oh and he didn't wake up being this humble, also. His attitude was shit not so long ago

These days what's left of me ain't no Prince Charming

We know Jon, we know
Old 03-05-2018, 11:41 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbeline View Post
I feel bad for 2018 Jon. He truly seems gutted about his voice and I believe he's working his ass off to get to a somewhat decent level. It must be heart-breaking.

But he didn't wake up one day and his voice was gone. It has been going downhill for 20 years!!! I know we are not privy to all the reasons, who knows, maybe he never stood a chance and was too proud to admit his voice was always weak and he couldn't fight natural deterioration that comes with age (though it's hard to believe due to the fact that he admittedly worked very hard around 2008 and got part of his voice back) but honestly seeing him smoking on and off for so many years and especially in the fvcking documentary!! I can't feel but frustration and disappointment for that Jon who was clearly losing his voice but had the nerve to flaunt that nasty habit and demand exorbitant prices for average performances. Do it in private you idiot.
Oh and he didn't wake up being this humble, also. His attitude was shit not so long ago
Jon Bon Jovi is saying the things he knows people want to hear. He is too 'lazy' to tour Europe? Didn't his brother say it was due to logistics? When they were doing their promo shows where fans could win tickets via tidal they said there wasn't any free location in Europe. Jon is focusing on the US market because this is were he can still 'impress' his fans. Looking at their facebook page you can see it is only there to sell. Nothing more. They are bringing out a re-release to sell more copies. The moment there was the vegas shooting Jon is using it to market it with the vegasstrong-tag. Jon is not humbled. He is putting on a show for $$$ in front of a selected few.

He said it isnt about the numbers or awards, yet they were agressively pushing the HOF-thing and they just got in because they have fans with too much time on their hands 'maybe god didnt want it 8 years ago...' god had nothing to do with it, it was their aggressive marketing.

Jon is selling everything he can which is the biggest part of what he does (people: 'my untold story' --> even here he was talking again about his daughter's drug overdose or whatever it was. Now he is even using his social media to market his son's wine (which is stupid again because his son wouldn't be able to do anything if it wasn't for his dad)
I think to believe that he really cares for his fans is ridiculous.

Last edited by faith1985; 03-05-2018 at 11:46 AM..