View Single Post

Old 06-10-2018, 10:11 AM
Dry County

Definitely These Days.

I was really looking forward to going to the Tampere show back in 2013, even without Richie (whom I've always considered an essential part of Bon Jovi, and still do) being there. Unfortunately, my schedule was too tight for me going there with the following day having been a school one, and I had to stay home.

As TD has always been one of the most important BJ songs for me in general - alongside Saturday Night, Always and of course Prayer -, I guess it's needless to say that I was absolutely gutted when I checked out setlist.fm and saw it having been the second to the last song of the night (which, of course, had to be Always, my other favorite...). Words simply can't express how pissed and frustrated I was - I couldn't listen to any version of TD for several months afterwards without feeling like that. Even though I also watched the stream of the first part of the show on YT and cringed at Jon's vocals, especially on BTBMB (even though they were still much better than nowadays overall), it wouldn't have mattered one bit had I been there and heard the song that has always meant so much for me - especially as it was pretty much the best vocal performance of the night:

https://youtu.be/tejmc-ATfeg

This encore as a whole would probably have made me cream my pants.

Last edited by BJFan99; 06-10-2018 at 10:14 AM..