View Single Post

Old 04-20-2017, 06:21 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via ICQ to Captain.Crash Send a message via MSN to Captain.Crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa3 View Post
I think WAN was ok, but I would consider it a "low point" musically for them. It was'nt horrible, but I think they were not in there A game, the album to me seemed forced, and personally, I think Jon and Richie were might be having issues already, musically I would think. Richie, to me, was just not into it, but went ahead anyway, but the important thing is now the band has regrouped and focused, whether some here may like this new direction or not, Jon did not give up, neither has David or Tico.
I remember thinking when WAN came out, that there were many articles about JBJ being short the capital to invest in the Buffalo Bills move to Toronto fiasco. NFL doesn't allow companies to have majority ownership in the team and Rogers (Who he teamed up with) as well as the other partner (Larry Tanenbaum) have much more than JBJ's reported $300 Mil net worth. (900m total was short of the reported 1.1B price tag on the franchise)

I always had in the back of my mind that the entire WAN album and tour came out when the band had said a break was coming. It led me to think it might have something to do with JBJ and his net worth.

Im not judging and don't really care either way, but when you think that both Richie and Tico both publically said they didn't want to tour and they still did it. All with the story of JBJ's interest in an NFL team being in the background.