View Single Post

Old 04-27-2020, 03:04 PM
These Days

It still sounded bad. Being 5% better than a previous crappy performance still results in crap.

I'd still be just as embarrassed to show this performance to my family and friends (who all know me as a Bon Jovi fan) as I would with any other performance of him since 2014. To your average Joe who's not used to being tortured with bad singing as this board has been for the past 6 years, this counts as crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccritic101 View Post
Jon's performance wasn't that bad,vocalwise it's a slight improvement over some of the Prayer 94 performances during the Runaway Tours. His voice sounded a bit fuller and clearer because he wasn't cupping the microphone like he usually does during concerts.

His mid range does seem to be slowly returning,he wasn't shout singing as much like last years Runaway Tour performance of Prayer 94. Jon is midly improving,but only time will tell if he'll improve more. With the 2020 tour canned Jon can have a long break and rest his voice and if he is still working with a vocal coach he can keep working on his voice until all this Co-vid 19 stuff calms down and the band can finally get back on the road.
He had a lot of time off after the BWC tour to rest his voice and get it back in shape with a vocal coach. How did that go for him? Unfortunately, as Seb said, he is toast. His instrument is broken for good. Anyone trying to find improvements where they're not really there is living in a mild form of denial. These people will point out a moment in a song where for a couple of seconds he sounds OK or where there is a note hits that he didn't hit a year ago. That's not improvement, that's just being rested and able to go at 120% for a moment, potentially after multiple takes. Which by the way is still worse than his 120% in 2017, the same way that Jon's 120% in 3-5 years will be worse than him today.