View Single Post

Old 04-27-2020, 03:53 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
There's no straight answer to that tbh. There are surgery options available for singers with damaged vocal chords but the success rate is not great, and it can actually make matters worse. It's quite possible Jon has had such surgery already and that might explain the rapid decline in 2017.

That said, stopping smoking would almost certainly help with the breathlessness and would probably prevent his voice deteriorating much more.

With all his wealth I can not believe that Jon has looked at every option available to him. It must be heartbreaking for him to sound how he sounds.
Exactly, you can't give a universal answer to that, it's so much down to the individual state the vocal chords are in. In Jon's case, I think they're gone for good. He probably had vocal surgery at some point, since his clipping and hoarse tone set it somewhere in 2017 and Paul Stanley had the same change in voice after having admitted that he was undergoing surgery to "fix minor issues".

I do believe that Jon's now looked at every option available, but at the same time it's pretty much him who is to blame for sounding so bad. At the latest point, after the SWW tour, he should've realized that his instrument is quite fragile and that it needs to be taken special care of. Yet, from the mid#90's onwards, he's treated it like shit. Smoking like a maniac at times, never learning to sustain a proper technique etc.
If you keep rambling about legacy, a career, longevity and don't make sure that you're voice is treated well, it's stupid...