View Single Post

Old 04-28-2020, 05:54 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Exactly, you can't give a universal answer to that, it's so much down to the individual state the vocal chords are in. In Jon's case, I think they're gone for good. He probably had vocal surgery at some point, since his clipping and hoarse tone set it somewhere in 2017 and Paul Stanley had the same change in voice after having admitted that he was undergoing surgery to "fix minor issues".

I do believe that Jon's now looked at every option available, but at the same time it's pretty much him who is to blame for sounding so bad. At the latest point, after the SWW tour, he should've realized that his instrument is quite fragile and that it needs to be taken special care of. Yet, from the mid#90's onwards, he's treated it like shit. Smoking like a maniac at times, never learning to sustain a proper technique etc.
If you keep rambling about legacy, a career, longevity and don't make sure that you're voice is treated well, it's stupid...
How do you know he smoked like a maniac? I know there was a period where a lot of publicity shots had him posing with a cig but that covered a relatively short period of time.

I personally think he’s in denial about his voice when you listen to some of his interviews. I also think the people around him are not honest with him about how he sounds.😒