View Single Post

Old 04-28-2020, 08:52 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
I'm sure it has been addressed. It's no coincidence that David and Phil gradually started singing more and more backup vocals (compared to immediately post-Richie) as Jon voice got progressively worse. It's not like Phil is going to make a decision on his own to sing parts he didn't sing 3 years prior. Not to mention, the addition of Everett.

As for openness, some of those 2016 interviews were a lot more candid about his vocal struggles than I had expected. Jon admitted to not being able to sing anymore as much as he could without directly saying "I suck". That's as good as we're gonna get with him still having tickets to sell.
In fairness though the parts that people sing were expected to change as the line-up did. To go from:

Jon, Bobby, Phil, David and Hugh
Jon, Matt, Phil, David and Hugh
Jon, Shanks, Everett, David and Hugh

Could have a lot to do with new voices meaning different people sing different parts. I think Jon's weakened voice had a lot to do with it but that's why Everett was brought in.