View Single Post

Old 03-20-2017, 01:37 AM
Jovi Freak

Blood on Blood is as much of a "hit" as Wild in the Streets. Both had video clips, but neither were released as singles. It's not a hit, and I would bet when it gets played live, only the diehards know it.

I look at the stagnant setlists in two ways...

1) There is no excuse. You can throw any idea out there, whether it be Jon's voice, pre-programming, new band members, Europe vs US (which is the worst argument ever)... but none are a good enough reason as to why the same boring songs are getting played. I'm not gonna create another wishful thinking setlist because it's been done to death and every body knows which songs can be rotated to suit Jon's current vocal predicament.

2) Are we just spoilt brats who have had it too good for too long? Believe it or not, Bruce is not the norm. Artists rarely change up the setlist from night to night. Guns N Roses played 37 different songs on their current tour (63 shows to date). ACDC played 28 different songs in 86 shows. Heck, even the untouchable Adele doesn't change her setlist. She just finished an 8-show stadium tour of Australia without changing one single song, even when 3 of the 5 cities had back-to-back shows. Jovi isn't even 20 shows into the tour and we already have 35 different songs played. Plus, you also have to remember that 99% of the crowd don't know that it's the same setlist as the previous show, and 90% of them wouldn't even care.

As a diehard, I am so disappointed in the setlists, but as a realist, I don't think it matters.

Perth - January 25, 2008
Perth - December 8, 2010
Sydney - December 17, 2010
Sydney - December 19, 2010 (I Believe!!!)

East Rutherford - July 25, 2013
Melbourne - December 7, 2013
Melbourne - December 8, 2013
Perth - December 12, 2013

Sydney - December 8, 2018