View Single Post

Old 03-20-2017, 03:48 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvi View Post
2) Are we just spoilt brats who have had it too good for too long? Believe it or not, Bruce is not the norm. Artists rarely change up the setlist from night to night. Guns N Roses played 37 different songs on their current tour (63 shows to date). ACDC played 28 different songs in 86 shows. Heck, even the untouchable Adele doesn't change her setlist. She just finished an 8-show stadium tour of Australia without changing one single song, even when 3 of the 5 cities had back-to-back shows. Jovi isn't even 20 shows into the tour and we already have 35 different songs played. Plus, you also have to remember that 99% of the crowd don't know that it's the same setlist as the previous show, and 90% of them wouldn't even care.

As a diehard, I am so disappointed in the setlists, but as a realist, I don't think it matters.
I have no problem with artists that keep the same set for a whole tour. I think the difference is that GNR, AC/DC and Adele (as far as I'm aware) never come out before a tour and say they've rehearsed X number of songs and will change the set list every night.
Etihad Stadium, Melbourne - 8 December 2013
Perth Arena, Perth - 12 December 2013
Arena Joondalup, Perth (Soundwave) - 3 March 2014
ANZ Stadium, Sydney - 8 December 2018

Blame It On The Love...