View Single Post

Old 03-21-2017, 02:07 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEYoungGun21 View Post
Hey all.. just passing through to offer my thoughts on last night's show!

First, we all know his voice is not what it used to be. I've seen people here say that his vocal struggles aren't as noticeable if you're at the show. They were a absolutely right... that doesn't mean he sounds like at least 2010 level, but he sounded better than I thought he would live! He was stronger in some parts of HAND, Born to be my baby, and LYHOM than I expected he would be.. he struggled on Prayer and a little bit of Wanted. Overall, however, I was not disappointed with how he sounded! He also really worked the crowd, which was delightful to see. I saw the band in 2010 and 11, and the crowd interaction this time around was way better than the two previous times.

Let's talk about the crowd... I from what, I saw they seemed to really enjoy the new stuff (minus Scars... that song will bore anyone). I looked around the arena while Rollercoaster was playing and many people were jumping around, and it seemed to go over very well.

Now the set list...This House is a fantastic opener. And I absolutely love the reprise where Phil kicks into a second solo. I think the new songs they've been playing translate well live. This House, Rollercoaster, New Years Day, and We don't Run were awesome. And Captain Crash was back! (But sadly, with no confetti lol). But really, the crowd was into this song, sounded good. Yes, while we all know that they can do more with the current set list, I was fine with it, people around me seemed fine with it, so it's all good.. I wasn't expecting them to start the encore with Hey God, so it's all about setting low expectations, and just enjoy it for what it is, to be honest.

I'm working on getting a few videos on YouTube as I type (thought I could just upload from my iPhones library to here) but here is a clip on my google drive of Phil's solo in LYHOM.. hopefully this link works!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...01HckhMa3owR1k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice review ! Good to know you had fun !