View Single Post

Old 10-31-2021, 04:22 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

I'm too big of a fan to not go if he's playing a show within 30 minutes of my house, but based on the state of the band I'll be sure to spend as little as possible to get in, get really drunk before the show, wear ear plugs, and sing every song really loudly (not that I can sing either). I was able to enjoy the Newark 2018 shows despite him not sounding too much better than these clips. But still, he continues to get progressively worse with each performance sadly.

I think his legacy is cemeted at this point and incapable of being "ruined", but by continuing to perform it's clear he won't be going out at the top of his game. To use a sports analogy he's like a Hall of Fame athlete waiting too long to retire and ending his career as a shell of his former self (like Michael Jordan). In an ideal world they would bring Richie back and do a farewell tour for their 40th anniversary and go out that way, but I think we can expect him to continue like this as long as fans continue to show up. The THINFS tour sold much better and was far more profitable than the These Days tour in the USA, so the poor vocals/performances have not impacted him financially yet. So I expect more of the same in the decade ahead until that changes.