View Single Post

Old 09-04-2016, 12:12 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via MSN to Jayster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
I really feel Jon needs to change his delivery on certain songs.

These shows will no doubt allow us to hear THINFS as well as the standard songs you typically get at promo shows.

I really think JBJ is exposing himself more by standing still, straining himself vocally and physically while trying to hit certain notes or just keeping up with the pace of the song.

I remember seeing Def Leppard & Whitesnake play, I was about 6ft from Joe Elliot and David Coverdale and what became apparent was how clever they were in disguising the fact they couldn't or didn't want to attempt certain notes.

They were far far more mobile, used all the cliché rock moves (swinging the mic stand, pointing the mic to the crowd etc) or allowing the band to fill in the gaps. But it worked.

Not only was it better visually, but it sounded better. I honestly think Jon is aging before our eyes on stage because of his vocal restrictions.

Def Leppard in particular have fantastic backing vocals. I think BJ need to consider utilising this more, especially now RS is missing.
Almost all Def Leppard songs contain near continous harmonising. Bon Jovi songs don't. Joe Elliot can do that because the band back him up in the studio as well as on stage.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
June 21st 2008 - Hampden Park, Glasgow
December 10th 2010 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
December 11th 2010 - Etihad Stadium, Melbourne
December 14th 2013 - ANZ Stadium, Sydney
December 15th 2013 - Sydney Entertainment Centre
February 26th 2014 - Enmore Theatre, Sydney - Richie Sambora