View Single Post

Old 08-06-2019, 01:22 PM
Something for the Posts

You're taking it too literal. I never said that the situations were the same, but that the relationships are similar. ie. They don't get along. There is often tension between the most creative people in any band. The examples that I used one just one of many singer/guitarists that I could have mentioned. But 90% of those have managed to put aside their difference for the art of making money....which I believe Jon and Richie did more many years. Until one of them couldn't do it anymore....

There's a story from a band that i know that toured with Jovi in the 90s. They were chilling out in the green room backstage. Richie comes in and there is a magazine on the table with Jon on the cover. Richie turns it over so that the cover can't be seen and says something along the lines of "had enough of that guy constantly looking over my shoulder" or something to that effect. That there tells you how far back the issues go.

But I do agree with you about the artistic vision and that Jon feels he doesn't need Richie anymore. Tyler's solo album made him realise that he does still need Perry to be in the big league. If that had taken off I think that would have been it for Aerosmith. The difference is that Jon can still go out there and use the band name without Richie. Neither Jagger or Tyler can do that without their guitar players...therefore they still need each other.

The Stones and Aerosmith have always been very upfront about the fact that they have struggled to get along as well, where as Bon Jovi have always tried to maintain that band of brothers image, and have always kept any personal conflicts very close to their chests.

Last edited by Thinny; 08-06-2019 at 04:08 PM..