View Single Post

Old 07-30-2019, 09:03 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
Jon has no comfort zone anymore. Even though he's still able to kinda hit some high-ish notes here and there by shouting, his tone is constantly horrendous, he has little to no breath control, and his ability to hold notes in pitch (no matter how high or low they are) has declined drastically. His voice is basically dead in every possible way.
Yeah, but what I find interesting is what has happened to his lower register. You know, up to even 2013, when singing in a low voice, he has that typical voice, you knew it was him even 30 years later just by hearing his lower register. It had kind of like a 'wasn't sound or feeling it. I've noticed since probably the 2017 NA tour that something is up with his lower register. It's like when he goes low he gets an anxiety attack. When you song, you're supposed to make your voice sound calm and warm, and nowadays when he has to sing low it's like he can't because there's something up with his breathing. I don't think it's up to technique because I'm not a singer, I sing for fun and I'm sure as hell my technique is absolutely horrendous, but even if I'm not a professional singer my lower register sounds the way a normal lower register should sound like.