Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Official May 18th Montreal Night 2 Thread

Tour Discussion

Old 05-24-2018, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator
It's my post

I've said many times before, there's lots of songs that would please both camps. So many hit songs haven't been played in years: Misunderstood, Everyday, One Wild Night, Say It Isn't So, TAALS to name a few. They'd be great rarities but the casuals will know them to, anything with a video prior Lost Highway generally got some good rotation to a wide audience.

You should accept that going to a show of a band you're not a diehard fan of, there's gonna be songs you don't know. It's up to the band to make you care about them.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*

Old 05-24-2018, 08:20 PM
Keep the Faith

There are so many songs the band could play that a) most people will know, or b) are well within Jon's vocal range. Everyday, Misunderstood, Last Man Standing, Welcome to Wherever You Are, Bounce, Thank You For Loving Me, One Wild Night, This Ain't a Love Song, Living in Sin, Diamond Ring, The Radio Saved My Life Tonight, and Never Say Goodbye are just some of the many songs that could've made the setlists in the last tour more unique, while not alienating the casuals, as many of them will know these songs.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:32 PM
Jovi Freak

on the other hand we had Phil X not knowing ALL the songs

but again for example Wild Is The Wind is such an easy song to sing and GREAT song at the same time, and Phil X knew it...

and I know JBJ thinks it’s a depressive song, but WE LOVE THOSE SONGS >_< jajajaj
Old 05-24-2018, 10:32 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
on the other hand we had Phil X not knowing ALL the songs

but again for example Wild Is The Wind is such an easy song to sing and GREAT song at the same time, and Phil X knew it...

and I know JBJ thinks it’s a depressive song, but WE LOVE THOSE SONGS >_< jajajaj
He doesn't know all the songs, but he's played about twice as many in 2013 as he's done this tour. From Love's The Only Rule to Undivided to Hey God to This Ain't A Love Song to Wild Is The Wind...the list goes on
I think Phil ain't the issue here...most of the post-2000 songs he's probably learned within 1 or 2 hours.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:27 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
He doesn't know all the songs, but he's played about twice as many in 2013 as he's done this tour. From Love's The Only Rule to Undivided to Hey God to This Ain't A Love Song to Wild Is The Wind...the list goes on
I think Phil ain't the issue here...most of the post-2000 songs he's probably learned within 1 or 2 hours.
I know, also that they rehearse very often and JBJ brings 5 songs once in a while to Phil X to learn them

the question is why they don't play them?
you seems to think it's because the casuals
JBJ has said before he considers the city/country for the setlist, I remember JBJ saying something like I played Blood on Blood in South America and you ALL hated it! U_U; and I was like I like Blood on Blood but I don't like how you sing it now -_-, that's why I think he hates me (anyway like I said before I hate him too! >_< lol)
Old 05-25-2018, 12:05 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
JBJ has said before he considers the city/country for the setlist, I remember JBJ saying something like I played Blood on Blood in South America and you ALL hated it! U_U; and I was like I like Blood on Blood but I don't like how you sing it now -_-, that's why I think he hates me (anyway like I said before I hate him too! >_< lol)
He hates you? Coming from all the information you have given us, I thought you were best buddies
Old 05-25-2018, 12:19 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
He hates you? Coming from all the information you have given us, I thought you were best buddies

(the gif with this kind of posts when I don't know what to say jajajaj!)
Old 05-25-2018, 01:22 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Johnny didn't send me a birthday video, so he's not my buddy, see?: https://www.facebook.com/Scorpions/v...5249872667373/
Old 05-25-2018, 06:27 PM
Jovi Freak

Speaking of buddies, William “Obie” O’Brien now is a major songwriter, I found it curious.

okay, this thread now is way too off topic -_-
Old 05-25-2018, 07:58 PM
The Distance

Quote:
okay, this thread now is way too off topic -_-
I wonder who's responsible for that???

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk