Thread: Phil X
View Single Post

Old 10-01-2017, 01:20 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Phil is always a pleasure to watch. Funny, humble and a truly nice person.

He absolutely deserves where he is. It sucks how he got the job and I wish he didn't, but at the end of the day we are really lucky to have him.

I have a fun anecdote. I first discovered Phil thanks to a coworker who played guitar in a cover band. They did hard rock but also some metal and even some melodic stuff. He had to know lots of songs and try different styles and he didn't have lots of rehearsal time so he watched videos on YT while on duty (IT guy, lots of waiting for the servers to reboot and stuff). There was very little material to work with and almost none in Spanish, so he'll be complaining while we were trying to do our job, he was nice but annoying. Anyway, that was I think in 2007-08, he stumbled upon Phil X. For the next few months instead of his grumbling, you'll only hear what we called "the stoner guy" on repeat. He probably didn't understand a word he said, but he was mesmerized. He got us hooked too. He'll call me to translate some parts but damn, he was fast. I started watching too, I loved Phil's personality. Except for that time when he kinda said something negative about Richie and I got defensive and everyone at the office laughed at me for liking such a band (who's laughing now eh)

My coworker still plays in a cover band, but now he also has his own thing, he says thanks to how much he learned watching Phil do his crazy thing. And he now has the Framus guitar that Phil designs. And he's a fan of the Drills. Probably still dislikes BJ though

These days what's left of me ain't no Prince Charming

We know Jon, we know

Last edited by symbeline; 10-01-2017 at 01:23 AM..