Thread: Phil X
View Single Post

Old 11-11-2019, 06:21 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
...but I like Phil and his guitar. He doesn't play in the style of Richie and many people criticize him for that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
So far the response here has been - nothing - crickets. Clearly nobody cares even though they will mourn Richie forever
Kathleen, I miss Richie in Bon Jovi as much as anybody here; and I'll probably never quit hoping that he'll return to the band; but that hasn't kept me from liking Phil-X. I like most of the Drills' songs that I've listened to, even though I'm not crazy about the latest release. He's a talented guitarist who brings a much-needed energy to the band, and I agree with those who think he's underutilized. I also admire the way he stays in touch with his fans. Gotta say, he's a lot more patient than I would be with those who are clearly only interested in his connection with Bon Jovi, and who wouldn't give a rip about him otherwise.

But why would I want to listen to a band I've never heard of, just because X played lead on their song? Especially after you said nobody would know it was Phil anyway? I'm not seeing a connection between that and Richie, at all, except maybe in your mind.

Sometimes it seems like you almost resent anyone who hasn't written Richie off the way you say you have. Yet you brought him up twice in the last 8 posts, none of which had anything to do with him. It's something to consider the next time you wonder why so many threads get derailed by a Richie discussion; because that's exactly how most of those derailments get started.