Thread: Phil X
View Single Post

Old 06-19-2020, 02:13 PM
The Distance

It's going to be interesting to see what happens... 20 years? No way! 10 for the band at best. Jon will probably perform in some fashion forever...

The last two concerts Jon attended publicly were Billy Joel and The Eagles plus he hangs with guys like Paul McCartney and Springsteen. All the above are guys 70 plus. Even though he uses the Stones as his go to mark. There are many others still doing it almost as good as they did back in the day.

If Tico and Hugh retire and Dave is still around, there is definitely an irony there. Dave and Jon started together and will end together. Anyway...

Although this is fun to talk about, Phil was just talking hypothetical about his departure... Basically there is a better chance of Richie coming back vs Jon retiring. That's what I got from it.

I could see Richie joining a tour but not yet.
One a reunion tour would mean nostalgia. Two, I think Jon is very dedicated to Phil and he just played on the new album so nah.

In 2024, it'll be 40 years for the band and 20 years since the last box set... If Jon did a 20 show new box set tour, I could see Richie joining that. Jon will be 62 at that point, Tico will be over 70.

Of all members, Tico is the only one of concern. I think Hugh could play bass forever. All the other members are around Jon's age.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk