Thread: Phil X
View Single Post

Old 01-10-2021, 08:27 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
BIG Todd Kerns fan. Watching this now, will include any parts noteworthy to the band. I'll edit this as it goes.

- 30 minutes in, Jon forced him to use Mary Jo, the band's vocal instructor and he fought it but found it made his singing more difficult.

- 40 minutes in, doesn't care for doing acoustic songs right after songs like Keep The Faith which is his chance to go nuts and then has to come down right after

- Brings up Always and doing elongated solos and learning how to pace himself and watches Jon's body language to determine how long solos should be

- In 2011 Phil learned the setlist and parts from a DVD of the Tokyo show from 2010. He got the call about replacing Richie April 14th, and the first show was the Jazzfest April 30th. Jon put Phil on hold from May on and wanted Phil to come out and rehearse with the band and when he landed and got to rehearsal, that was the day Richie checked into rehab.

As a Canadian I had no idea he did session work on the first Our Lady Peace album!
As much as I love Phil, he has a gift of sounding like a conceited dick on occasions. The same gift Jon has of sounding like an asshole