Thread: Phil X
View Single Post

Old 04-02-2023, 09:37 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
You can't really compare The Drills to Sambora to be honest. The Drills couldn't sell out at 150 capacity club when they were here right before Covid. Last time Richie played here he was still doing his own shows (not the charity shows with Niles etc) he was doing 2000+ cap venues. Of course I'm talking about the UK here. That was a few years ago now but I have no reason to think his fan base has decreased any since then.

To be fair, I wasn't comparing them to each other. I was making the point they both have a limited audience. The Drills are going to pull club numbers where they go, sure, but Richie is limited to the UK. Obviously RS is a MUCH bigger draw.

It's hard to say if his fanbase has increased or decreased. When you perform sporadically and a percentage of the time the shows are sometimes chaotic but sometimes great, you don't put out new music, I don't know if you can pull the same numbers as time passed.