View Single Post

Old 05-06-2022, 05:21 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay_L View Post
Not sure if I agree with the "nobody wants to hear" part but that's just my opinion, I suppose those two are overplayed, I'm a casual fan and would've been thrilled to hear "Lost Highway" on the original tour and the other times the band played it before Jon's voice got even worse. Maybe I'm the only one but I Ioved it. AXS TV aired on April 22nd (my 30th birthday) that show where the band performed the whole album, guess it must've been shortened for TV since I noticed it wasn't like the DVD track listing, but I plan on buying it. The only thing is though I feel that the song really needs Lorenza Ponce's violin, not sure how they play it live when she isn't a full time band member.

Other than that I can't think of a positives/negatives list right now. Jon's voice is obviously the big one so it would be kinda redundant to say it again but it makes me sad.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
To me at least.....neither are bad songs. I would put Leavin' in my top 15 songs of of the post 2000 area. I think the frustration lies in that neither of them are well known. They're two songs Jon really likes, which is great but he has so so so so so so so so many songs that could take that place. The Lost Highway tour song selection has felt like the blueprint since 2007. I think people would appreciate Lost Highway more if it was played once every fifteen shows or something.

It had every right to be there on it's designated tour. It had every right to be sporadically played on the following tours. But with such a rich back catalogue....Lost Highway is the band's 22nd most played song. I know Setlist.fm is a wonky site but its been played one less time than Have a Nice Day. Which was a hit and was played the entire tour preceding it.

Anyways that's my daily rant, haha.