View Single Post

Old 10-23-2019, 12:03 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Yeah, like you said, he's on key and all of that but he sounds like he's belting out a tune as if he's doing drunk karaoke at a reunion of his high school garage band. There really are no redeeming qualities with this band anymore and going out saying "it's not that bad" only indicates you've never really identified the Bon Jovi sound to begin with.
Thanks for putting it into words, that's exactly what's been bothering me for years by now. There sound lacks identity. Bon Jovi used to have a characteristic sound and that's all gone. I didn't mind in 2013 and 2015 because that was sort of a transition phase, but I had been expecting for them to either regain some of it or find a new identity with the current line-up. I was sad to see this year that none of both has happened.
In fact, I've seen three different cover/tribute bands in the past years who've had more of the "Bon Jovi identity" to their sound than Bon Jovi these days.