View Single Post

Old 10-23-2019, 11:01 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanRose View Post
Jesus wept. Always is beyond awful. I've never heard him skip a whole chorus before nevermind two.

https://youtu.be/WznBpQfyOJQ?t=6450

Does anyone remember the hilarious Iraqi Foreign Minister who would go on telly during the 2003 invasion and tell the world that Iraq was winning as buildings exploded around him? That's RdKopper on here.

The eye thing is just a tick as a result of constantly straining like absolute ****.

I really can't understand what people mean by "amazing energy" and "he's still the world's best frontman." He walks around, jumps up and down and constantly puts his arm up, palm out. That's it. Axl Rose is fat as ****, out of shape and he makes Jon look nailed to the floor.

I couldn't give a shit about another album because the last time Jon wrote a lyric that wasn't cringeworthy, cliche ridden drivel was so long ago. But if he's this bad now then how ****ing much worse is it going to get when they tour in 1-2 years?!!
This is all 100% completely inaccurate... First of all, I'm an American so I never once saw or read anywhere that Iraq was winning anything... so that is just one of the stupidest comparisons I've ever read... There are a million of others things that you could have said to try and prove whatever point you're trying to make.

Second, we live in this America Idol, XFactor, The Voice world where everyone needs to judge every performance from Jon like its his first and last... I've come to the realization two years ago that Jon's voice is gone forever and is never coming back... I've discussed it to death and still fall into the traps of discussion today... I admit it. It's ****ing terrible and might even be the quickest and worst decline ever by any artist in the history of music... I've also stated that his live performances are staged and Jon even comes off awkward at times....

However Jon does bring a certain energy with him on stage... And I'm not talking about how many jumping jacks he can do... When you compare Jon to his peers like Vince Neil / Axl Rose / Joe Elliot, he's in perfect shape... Which is a shame because it's not like he's deteriorating, it's just his voice... Jon has a very difficult catalog to sing and years and years of abuse finally caught up with him... it's like an athlete running on a partially fractured ankle for 35 years... One day it will just give out...

So I guess the question is, should Jon retire? I can support arguments on both sides... some are passionate about him protecting his legacy and I can support that. Some also think he's in it for the wrong reason and milking the cash cow... Others see it as, if Jon wants to continue to perform, then let him... It's your choice to go to a show or not... No one is forcing anyone to do anything....Anyway...

With all that said, I've been following this band since inception. They've been the only constant in my life since I was like 10. Jon's version of Always doesn't dictate the entire show... There are some songs that he really does get away with in a live setting... Jon (and even Tico and Dave) are stars so just seeing them all in person is a cool experience... Jon does bring the energy... Again, I'm not counting jumping jacks... It's from the way he holds the mic or guitar up...or his ways of interacting with the crowd. Even the BOR dance... Like it or not, he does things that you don't see many rock stars do beside walk back and forth...

I choose to go to shows for the many reasons I stated in other posts... Does his voice bother me??? Probably more than any fan on this board... But there are other reason to attend and other things to enjoy...

Paul McCartney doesn't sound the way be did on the Abby Road album but people still go... Jon's a legend. He's checked all the boxes. And that's who I'm going to see until he finally retires...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk