Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

Rock in Rio 2019

Tour Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 02-01-2019, 01:07 PM
YOVANAfromPeru's Avatar
YOVANAfromPeru YOVANAfromPeru is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 22 Oct 2017
Age: 32
Gender: female
Posts: 2,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmisery View Post
Yeah unexpected. They dont usually bring same artists on back to back RiR. Medina even said recently wont bring GN’R cuz they just played in 2017.

Anyway never been to RiR. How does it work? Everyone can get in the grounds morning to enjoy the activities? Or still a few hours before show like most concerts?

Maybe because Live Nation buyed 50% of Rock in Rio last year...
Live Nation is getting every time more and more directly % participation in Bon Jovi concerts here in South America.

There will not be Pre-sale on Backstage (as always with Rock in Rio)
Tickets: April 11, at 7pm. www.rockinrio.com

Last time went there since the morning to get front row, band played at midnight IIRC
__________________
Jon Bon Jovi said about this selfie: "That's a good one!!". U_U morí!
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 02-01-2019, 01:46 PM
sweetmisery sweetmisery is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 17 Jun 2006
Age: 39
Gender: male
Posts: 696
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetmisery
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon-flp View Post
haha, I've never been in RiR too, but I know that the doors usually opens at 2pm. You can go and enjoy all the shows in "Sunset Stage" and the others activities. The main shows at "World Stage" starts at 7pm. The headliners normally begins around at midnight.

Some says that it's a good experience...I really don't know. The setlist will be pretty vanilla, but 100,000 people sing along together may be worth it.
Know what time Rock in Rio close? I wanna walk around after the show. I dont wanna leave my queue lol.

I was in Sao Paulo 2017. The screams of mostly women are both awesome and terrifying. Like banshees. Lol
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-01-2019, 01:49 PM
sweetmisery sweetmisery is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 17 Jun 2006
Age: 39
Gender: male
Posts: 696
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetmisery
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
Maybe because Live Nation buyed 50% of Rock in Rio last year...
Live Nation is getting every time more and more directly % participation in Bon Jovi concerts here in South America.

There will not be Pre-sale on Backstage (as always with Rock in Rio)
Tickets: April 11, at 7pm. www.rockinrio.com

Last time went there since the morning to get front row, band played at midnight IIRC
VIP worth it? RiR, no early entry since its festival right?

And were people respectful or they push their way forward? Can you leave your spot to pee or hard?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-01-2019, 02:17 PM
YOVANAfromPeru's Avatar
YOVANAfromPeru YOVANAfromPeru is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 22 Oct 2017
Age: 32
Gender: female
Posts: 2,280
Default

VIP???
IIRC there was a section VIP with food and drinks, but that wasn't front row, it was way back or way to the side

in front row they were almost all women, yeah they all were very respectful, I don't think they would like to fight with me, hah!
bathrooms are close, and again people were respectful about spot too, most of the people went close to the stage later, 'cause like jon-flp said there are others activities.
However, if I go this time, I don't know about that front row again, the wait was too much
__________________
Jon Bon Jovi said about this selfie: "That's a good one!!". U_U morí!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-01-2019, 04:56 PM
Supersonic's Avatar
Supersonic Supersonic is offline
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead
 
Join Date: 03 Aug 2002
Location: Numansdorp
Gender: male
Posts: 15,662
Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
Live Nation is getting every time more and more directly % participation in Bon Jovi concerts here in South America.
To be fair though; they also seem to be the only one capable of selling tickets over there. I tried buying Aerosmith and Guns N Roses tickets for shows in South America several years ago and it's very poorly organized with out of date websites and poor communication. I'm not a fan of LiveNation and the likes but if I had to chose I'd prefer them over anyone else over there.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-01-2019, 05:09 PM
sweetmisery sweetmisery is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 17 Jun 2006
Age: 39
Gender: male
Posts: 696
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetmisery
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
VIP???
IIRC there was a section VIP with food and drinks, but that wasn't front row, it was way back or way to the side

in front row they were almost all women, yeah they all were very respectful, I don't think they would like to fight with me, hah!
bathrooms are close, and again people were respectful about spot too, most of the people went close to the stage later, 'cause like jon-flp said there are others activities.
However, if I go this time, I don't know about that front row again, the wait was too much
Oh ok. So this year, you goin to RiR? Or just wait for Peru concerts if any?

Also, Backstage is worth it?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-01-2019, 09:29 PM
YOVANAfromPeru's Avatar
YOVANAfromPeru YOVANAfromPeru is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 22 Oct 2017
Age: 32
Gender: female
Posts: 2,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !



To be fair though; they also seem to be the only one capable of selling tickets over there. I tried buying Aerosmith and Guns N Roses tickets for shows in South America several years ago and it's very poorly organized with out of date websites and poor communication. I'm not a fan of LiveNation and the likes but if I had to chose I'd prefer them over anyone else over there.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Web sites are a nightmare for residents, I can only imaging for foreigners...
Also it seems most of people here likes to buy tickets in person.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmisery View Post
Oh ok. So this year, you goin to RiR? Or just wait for Peru concerts if any?

Also, Backstage is worth it?
A concert in Peru? lol I don’t think so
I didn’t think about RiR yet

Backstage???
Do you mean the fan club?
‘cause I remember just having a wristband like everybody else in RiR, no VIP, no nothing, just a general wristband
__________________
Jon Bon Jovi said about this selfie: "That's a good one!!". U_U morí!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-07-2019, 11:17 PM
YOVANAfromPeru's Avatar
YOVANAfromPeru YOVANAfromPeru is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 22 Oct 2017
Age: 32
Gender: female
Posts: 2,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmisery View Post
Backstage is worth it?
If you meant Runaway Tours; time ago RT was for Backstage members only, now anybody can go to those trips; there will not be RT trip: https://twitter.com/runawaytours/sta...98829658984449


Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmisery View Post
VIP worth it?
And about VIP, I just heard today that there is indeed a VIP area: "camarote"; but the general sale is for general tickets only.
__________________
Jon Bon Jovi said about this selfie: "That's a good one!!". U_U morí!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-08-2019, 02:46 AM
YOVANAfromPeru's Avatar
YOVANAfromPeru YOVANAfromPeru is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 22 Oct 2017
Age: 32
Gender: female
Posts: 2,280
Default

meh, 7 is the VIP area:
__________________
Jon Bon Jovi said about this selfie: "That's a good one!!". U_U morí!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-10-2019, 08:07 AM
YOVANAfromPeru's Avatar
YOVANAfromPeru YOVANAfromPeru is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 22 Oct 2017
Age: 32
Gender: female
Posts: 2,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
A concert in Peru? lol I don’t think so
Hihih, I think it's happening after all...

Miér. 02/OCT Lima, PERU Estadio Nacional
https://teleticket.com.pe/evento/V6473

__________________
Jon Bon Jovi said about this selfie: "That's a good one!!". U_U morí!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.