View Single Post

Old 06-23-2011, 11:39 PM
Posting everyday

Off to the encores. I had no idea what to expect and when they returned and Tico slowly started hitting the drums I first was thinking about Living In Sin, but then realized what was coming and went a bit crazy again. And Seb was right (I said that before right?) when he said that nowadays people don’t know an album track like Brokenpromiseland, but back in the days everybody was knowing a song like Something To Believe In. The audience immediately started chanting “hey, hey, hey” all the way to the back! I totally love that song and it’s just great to hear it live as I was already in the mood where I could easily get lost into my favorite songs! The version was decent, better than Vancouver, but much worse than Sydney. This was especially as Jon cut the song short in the end, which ruined it a bit. He didn’t do the “for John F. Kennedy…” ad-libs and just ended it after a few hey heys.
They went on to Wanted, big sunrise on the screen, good version and a song that really just works when Jon and Richie play it together. You can really feel the chemistry. In the end they stood there in front, shoulder to shoulder and Jon with a big grin on his face. Richie said something to Jon, he looked down, nodded then and Richie hit the opening chords of Blood On Blood. I assumed that it was an audible, but after having seen the printed setlist I realized that the show was played from the first to the last song like it was planned. Didn’t do the song any harm and I had a blast. I especially like the part after solo when they build it up again and Richie doubles Jon on “be right by your side”! I was singing (or at that point rather shouting) along all the way through that song.
After the song Jon took some time to thank the audience and it felt more honest like 2 days later to me. They did Prayer, crowd loved it, band had fun and they were off.
And I was happy about it, cause I probably would have extremely suffered during any more songs. People who are friends with me on FB know that I did these shows with a fractured bone in my foot and by that point I was really in a lot of pain.
On our way out we caught something to drink, passed choirs of fans singing Bed of Roses and These Days and bought some tour shirts (have they gotten cheaper this time?).
Horror-stricken I was told that we weren’t able to take our normal route back to the parking garage as this one led along a fence and too many fans were already squeezing in there. So we had to walk all the way around the area…yay! Waiting at the garage itself was pretty fun then as all king of BJ songs were blasting from the cars on the different levels. On our way back to the hotel I saw some fans walking with those huge poster boards that were hanging all over the city. I told my dad I wanted one as well, we jumped out of the car, demounted it, threw it in and hurried to get away. Just in time as the fans around the corner behind us got stopped by the police that moment while trying to do the same thing. Here’s the proof that it worked:

Munich review to follow the next days!