View Single Post

Old 08-22-2014, 10:51 AM
It's my post

I've watched it and have to say once more people are over-reacting big-time. So he ballsed a bit of the Prayer solo but he actually saved it pretty well and I reckon 90% of people there probably wouldn't even have noticed. Granted, he shouldn't be screwing it up but shit happens live. He's finding his feet as the frontman so perhaps I'm more generous in cutting him a break for little things like that.

My only issue with his shows have been the setlists but that has been my gripe with Jovi every tour apart from around the 2008-2010 period where they started changing things up a bit - even then, I was just lucky with the shows I attended as they rotated the same tracks at most of the other shows on the tours at the time.

But hey, we've got something new to micro-analyse now that he's broken away from the band though in much the same way we dissected every element of Jon and the band for years about stagnant setlists, Jon's attitude, piss-poor vocals and the way he used autopilot at so many gigs. This isn't a dig at Jon in particular either. It's a dig at the constant empty whining of people around here that the shows are less than perfect - oh and the drink/drugs stuff gets old too. I'm sorry but I just can't see any of that in those pro shot vids above.

I'd still take a Richie solo show with a bit of difference and freedom over a Jovi show from the last ten years any day. That's just me though.