View Single Post

Old 09-08-2015, 03:34 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovimimi View Post
I agree that those articles are not really reliable but still other online newspapers are talking about it like Financial times and now wall street journal China: http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2...ugh-the-heart/
In online discussions, some Chinese music-industry watchers speculated that the latest cancellation was linked to unspecified recent comments by Mr. Bon Jovi on the spiritual leader. Others pointed to a 2010 Bon Jovi concert in Washington, D.C., which included a video of figures including...the Dalai Lama.

Washington Post, March 31 2010:
Jon Bon Jovi, who turned 48 this month, brought the act that for about three decades has borne his name and relied on his charms to a packed Verizon Center on Monday.

Nearly 20,000 folks stood and roared as the New Jersey hair-band overlords took the stage to...a tune from their latest album, "The Circle." Big screens in the arena flashed positivity buzzwords ("OPTIMISM," "LOVE," "HOPE," etc.) alongside images of positivity people (Oprah, the Dalai Lama, et al).

...The Democratically connected bandleader pledged not to get politically preachy and said he'd come to Washington this time just so he could hear "a nonpartisan scream..."

Well, that's that, I guess -- especially since it's too early in the day to get riled up over a crap five-year-old concert review. If the Dalai Lama reference hadn't been needed, I never would have gone past the opening sentence.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 09-09-2015 at 06:07 AM..