View Single Post

Old 08-04-2018, 05:56 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Then you should have been more specific, or quoted only that part of bonjovi90's post. The way it's written, it sounded like you were saying that none of his complaints or suggestions had any merit, simply because Jon was just doing what everybody else in the industry was doing. It reminded me of my 16-year-old self trying to justify some action with "but everybody else is..."; to which my mom would invariably reply, "so if everybody else jumps off a bridge... "

It was a perfectly reasonable analogy. There's a reason cliches become cliches.

Cue violins. There's no argument that touring is an expensive proposition; but whether Jon's net worth is 300 million or the 400+ million you think he has, I don't think he's feeling the pinch.

The cost of touring has nothing to do with the other things bonjovi90 suggested, like special editions of their albums, studio recordings from the vaults, some great concerts from the archives being released etc. Some of the same things that you yourself have repeatedly said you'd like to see. But, as he said, they probably wouldn't make much money from stuff like that so it doesn't happen.
I actually do agree with how diehards get nothing because there is no money to be made...

Even with these weekly videos from Philly, we got Living On A Prayer and Its My Life... How many ****ing times are we going to get these songs? There are 30 other hits and singles that make up the Bon Jovi catalog... What's next, Bad Name?

I'll Be There For You was a nice surprise though...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk