View Single Post

Old 08-05-2018, 09:07 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Really? You used the 'Jumping off the bridge' comparison???

There was a lot said in his original post but I was referring to the ticket prices... it's a fight that has already been fought thanks to Pearl Jam... a big chunk of those prices has to do with fees... I got 15 dollar tickets the other day ended up paying more than double... 32 bucks a ticket for a 15 dollar show...

Again, it's a business... It's not like Jon is a cult leader stealing people's money... Jon is a singer in a band and has to rely on people... There is a huge overhead with these concerts...Rent the venues, pay the crew, pay the band, the equipment, lighting, stage sets, and so much more... I'd love to see the breakdown of all the overhead including what each band members makes but it doesn't sound cheap, that's for sure...

Jon doesn't know what's a fair price of what everyone could afford... it's not like Jon can just pull prices out of thin air for each section... 'ummm 49.99 sounds like its too much for the 200 section, let's reduce it to 35.99'... plus certain cities have different prices...It's all calculated through supply and demand...

Research 'equilibrium price'!!!

There is a reality that a lot of people forget to live in... Jon is an entertainer, that's his job... He's also a husband, a father of four, and has several other projects that he works on... I believe he even owns a restaurant in the Hampton's (Blue Parrot)...

We may complain about it here but unless the noise reaches the masses, Jon might not even known there is an issue to begin with...

I too sat in the nosebleed seats in college and now I can afford to sit wherever I want... I'm also a realist... I don't need to be in the pit to thoroughly enjoy myself... first level side sections are just as enjoyable for a third of the price...
Im still amazed that some people think that this is how these tours work. The overheads etc arent coming out of Jons / Bon Jovi Corp. pockets.

A promoter will offer up to Jon a flat rate fee that covers X amount of shows with add ons for things like merch depending on the contract. Its this fee that helps determine ticket prices.

Once the promoter has offered up Jon the money for the tour they then need to recoup that fee from ticket sales and merch (if included in the contract) after paying out all the other overheads - crew, venue, security etc. Jon is paid the same fee regardless whether they sell out a show or not. There may be a stipulation that X amount of seats will cost a maxium amount (say $25) so its upto the promoter what gets charged elsewhere in the venue so they can ultimately make a profit.