View Single Post

Old 09-26-2018, 10:28 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
...Nobody asked about Hurricane butterly or Rage of Angels?
damn fans...
Hey, Rolo! I found this li'l tidbit while I was looking for something else, and thought you might be interested in it. You may already know it; but it was news to me because I thought Rage of Angels came out of the writing sessions for THINFS. That's where I first heard of the title, anyway; back when the JT Detective Agency was trying to figure out what songs might be on the album based on new copyrights.

Rage of Angels has been around a lot longer than I thought, according to this quote from Joe Lynn Turner. I also thought JBJ and Desmond were the only co-writers; but Joe Lynn was a co-writer, too. The quote was in Daniels' Bon Jovi Encyclopedia, which was published in 2009, so it's at least that old. But from what he says about it, sounds to me like it may be even older than that. Like, back in the day older. Here's the quote:

Quote:
Yeah, [Bon Jovi] are a great rock band and still going strong. It was very different in our hair band days. It was less corporate, more gritty rock and roll as far as the scene goes. Desmond Child and I even wrote a song with him [called] 'Rage of Angels' which was vowed not to be released and that's too bad. Desmond did take the middle section and put it into... [an] Aerosmith song so he obviously used it later; it was also very reminiscent of 'Livin' On A Prayer' but that is only natural and it happens when people collaborate.
So there ya go. I guess we don't need to hold our breath anymore, hoping to hear it.