View Single Post

Old 10-14-2018, 06:40 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
Good point. Perhaps I should have replaced dialled-in with safe. I agree he does seem less stressed and more relaxed but the sets are very safe.

For this sort of money I would expect lots of rarities, interesting set changes, good vocals.

This is a money making exercise. (Not to be confused with he’s ONLY doing it for money - I’m sure he gets much enjoyment from this type of gig)

Of course people deserve paying for providing a service, but this is greed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Can't argue with any of that. (Stop laughing!)

I also think one of the main reasons for the Runaway shows is that Jon seems to have trouble adjusting to life off the road. He's smart enough to realize that even with shorter tours and longer breaks, he still can't keep Bon Jovi on the road in a continuous round of touring. So while "the" band breaks, he fills in the gap with the RTs and his other band, to get his fix. Since those venues are smaller and there aren't as many tickets to sell to begin with, the prices are higher to make up the difference. That way he can justify it to himself as a money-making venture, rather than acknowledging that it's an escape mechanism.

(Don't you just love arm-chair psychoanalysis?)