Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

September 16th 2017 - Estadio Josť Amalfitani, Buenos Aires, Argentina thread

Tour Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #131  
Old 09-19-2017, 11:30 PM
Javier's Avatar
Javier Javier is offline
Senior Member
Blaze of Posting
 
Join Date: 22 Aug 2002
Location: Puerto Rico
Gender: male
Posts: 9,156
Default

I think it speaks volumes about the legacy of the band when there's people that disagree with so much of what they are doing now but still maintain themselves informed, vigilant waiting for the best band they know to deliver something they like again. There's a lot of people saying that they should just pack it in and quit, I disagree completely but I can also understand where they are coming from. I celebrate so much difference of opinion because it really shows the diversity of the band and their talent in attracting such a vast difference of people, some like one side of the band, some like another. I happen to really enjoy where the band is at right now, I get a kick out of watching the shows and the youtube videos because in the middle of all the imperfection I see a man and a band that's still giving it their all, still pushing, still wanting more and in my opinion they are succeeding. It may not be perfect, but it's still awesome to me...
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #132  
Old 09-20-2017, 12:48 AM
BJ_AUT BJ_AUT is offline
Junior Member
Undiscovered Posts
 
Join Date: 09 Sep 2015
Location: Vienna, Austria
Age: 19
Gender: male
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
I think it speaks volumes about the legacy of the band when there's people that disagree with so much of what they are doing now but still maintain themselves informed, vigilant waiting for the best band they know to deliver something they like again. There's a lot of people saying that they should just pack it in and quit, I disagree completely but I can also understand where they are coming from. I celebrate so much difference of opinion because it really shows the diversity of the band and their talent in attracting such a vast difference of people, some like one side of the band, some like another. I happen to really enjoy where the band is at right now, I get a kick out of watching the shows and the youtube videos because in the middle of all the imperfection I see a man and a band that's still giving it their all, still pushing, still wanting more and in my opinion they are succeeding. It may not be perfect, but it's still awesome to me...

I couldn't agree more! Imo Jon proves that he is 'the fighter'. Maybe he won't reach the vocal level he had a few years ago.. BUT he does not lean back .. he tries everything to improve his voice and to overcome his issues. He gives everything to entertain his fans .. of course the songs may not sound as good as back in '08 or '10 ... But if he doesnt try to go on stage (even with vocal issues) he and we would not know if he can improve and return to his former strength!
And he obviously is getting better .. it's a long process - But why should he stop now when he has sucess?
Some say he destroys the legacy of Bon Jovi .. a few say he should quit.. i don't think so .. jon is a workaholic and i believe he does everything in order to prove that he and the band still got it! The band leaves everything on the stage! And imo THAT'S how you cement your legacy!

Last edited by BJ_AUT; 09-20-2017 at 12:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 09-20-2017, 02:07 AM
JackieBlue JackieBlue is offline
Senior Member
Blame it on the love of posting
 
Join Date: 22 May 2013
Gender: female
Posts: 1,111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
I think it speaks volumes about the legacy of the band when there's people that disagree with so much of what they are doing now but still maintain themselves informed, vigilant waiting for the best band they know to deliver something they like again. There's a lot of people saying that they should just pack it in and quit, I disagree completely but I can also understand where they are coming from. I celebrate so much difference of opinion because it really shows the diversity of the band and their talent in attracting such a vast difference of people, some like one side of the band, some like another...
Agree 100%. It's amazing that one band has attracted so many different types of people for such varied reasons; and that something that drives one person crazy can be the very thing that drew someone else to the band in the first place. Even when what originally drew them in isn't there any longer, or isn't being done at the same level, there's still something that keeps them coming back for more. Sometimes it may seem like it's only the hope that the next concert or the next album will prove that the band still has "it"; but for whatever reason, it says a lot that they're still here.

Maybe it's just me, but I think that when people are critical, most of the time it comes from that place of wishful thinking; rather than a place of hate. It's like the new "well, back in the good old days..." when everything is seen through the soft-focus lens of time. That could explain why some fans would give anything, now, to hear the same quality or the same setlist that they were so critical of a few years ago.

By the same token, I think when most people say, "Jon should..." or "Why doesn't Jon just...", it's not because they think they know better than he does what he should do, or that he's too stupid to have thought of those things himself. Instead, I believe it's frustration talking, the feeling that there just has to be something - some pill or a magic wand - that will recapture what was.

I know there are some people who get tired of the criticism, but I think it says a lot - for the band and the fans - that people still care enough to be critical. IMO, criticism won't ever kill a fan base; but indifference would.


(And besides, what else are we gonna give each other grief about when there's not much else going on?)
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 09-20-2017, 03:42 AM
bjcrazycpa's Avatar
bjcrazycpa bjcrazycpa is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Geek
 
Join Date: 30 Aug 2002
Location: Weehawken, NJ
Age: 53
Gender: female
Posts: 6,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
I think it speaks volumes about the legacy of the band when there's people that disagree with so much of what they are doing now but still maintain themselves informed, vigilant waiting for the best band they know to deliver something they like again. There's a lot of people saying that they should just pack it in and quit, I disagree completely but I can also understand where they are coming from. I celebrate so much difference of opinion because it really shows the diversity of the band and their talent in attracting such a vast difference of people, some like one side of the band, some like another. I happen to really enjoy where the band is at right now, I get a kick out of watching the shows and the youtube videos because in the middle of all the imperfection I see a man and a band that's still giving it their all, still pushing, still wanting more and in my opinion they are succeeding. It may not be perfect, but it's still awesome to me...


That's how I feel! I've been a fan since 1985 I'm always goin to be a fan and will support them...good, bad and ugly lol!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 09-20-2017, 04:14 AM
Walleris's Avatar
Walleris Walleris is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 13 Feb 2010
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
Age: 23
Gender: male
Posts: 2,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Everyone is so quick to criticize him but I actually applaud him. Regardless of his reasons for still doing this, he's giving his all... People should be concerned, not angry... There is a right and wrong way to criticize. (The classy way and the asshole way)...Most of the angry people on here are the ones who don't attend the shows or even pay for the albums yet they are still here years after year, album and album, tour after tour spewing the same things over and over again... "I refuse to pay for this garbage but I still need to give my opinion because this is a public post board and I'm entitled. I liked These Days 22 years ago and that's why I still post here. I'm here to steal new albums and rip bootlegs" OMG!!! Save It!!!

I've been a loyal fan for the past 35 years and I'll continue to be till the end...

I'll save you all time right now! There is no going back. There might be some moments better than others based on certain elements and factors but all in all, this is it people...
The way you defend Jon is sometimes a lot more arrogant than those "angry people" who trash him here.

FFS, just stop with the "I liked These Days" and "I steal new albums" non-sense (ever heard of streaming services? There's just no point in stealing music anymore). These are just lazy gimmicks that move the focus away from whatever valid points you make (which you do! I do agree with the last statement you made and to some extent people, including myself, should accept the end-game or move on from the broken record).
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 09-20-2017, 08:41 AM
Gregsynthbootlegs's Avatar
Gregsynthbootlegs Gregsynthbootlegs is offline
Member
Runaway
 
Join Date: 22 Dec 2015
Location: Waterford, MI
Age: 27
Gender: male
Posts: 63
Send a message via Skype™ to Gregsynthbootlegs
Default

Why does Walleris have to make so much sense?!?!?!

For the constant criticism of the band and/or Jon's singing, it's perfectly valid! It shows that people actually care about the subjects at hand. I'd rather see honest valid criticism than complete indifference.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 09-20-2017, 04:11 PM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
Livin' on a Post
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 328
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Most of the angry people on here are the ones who don't attend the shows or even pay for the albums yet they are still here years after year, album and album, tour after tour spewing the same things over and over again... "I refuse to pay for this garbage but I still need to give my opinion because this is a public post board and I'm entitled. I liked These Days 22 years ago and that's why I still post here. I'm here to steal new albums and rip bootlegs" OMG!!! Save It!!!
As I feel that this was partly aimed at me, I feel I need to respond....I'm not Angry at all, just because I have a negative opinion on something doesn't make me angry about it...I couldn't be any less angry...in fact the only person that seems angry here is RD....

As for not buying music. I have every album, every single, UK Version, Imports from all over the world, promos, right from the beginning and right up to This House. in fact I have a collection that most fans would envy. I don't like doing the whole my **** is bigger than yours thing, but I have spent an absolute fortune on BJ over the years, so don't accuse me of not buying the music! Hell I even flew to NYC to see them at the Nokia Theatre show!

Last time I saw band live was The Circle tour (London O2) and I haven't felt the need to see them since. I didn't like WAN so saw no point in seeing them on a tour promoting an album I didn't like. And I felt that the live performances were already beginning to decline (although that tour had it's ups and downs).

Just because I choose not to see the band, based on what I've heard from the professionally recorded shows as seen/heard on youTube, it doesn't make me any less of a fan of the band from the beginning to end. Hell, If I wasn't then I wouldn't be wasting my time here.

You just need to learn to deal with the fact that people can have different opinions to you, and that's totally ok!
__________________
Thinny
http://www.thethincontroller.com/

Last edited by Thinny; 09-20-2017 at 04:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 09-20-2017, 05:38 PM
efpg0708 efpg0708 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi FANatic
 
Join Date: 27 Jul 2010
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Age: 32
Gender: male
Posts: 1,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I've been watching a lot of videos from this show and there are definitely mixed feelings with every song... There are certain songs like WDR that are less demanding of Jon and are more backing vocal driven which I'm actually okay with... After all, this is a band and not the JBJ X Factor Show, as much of you all think it is... Then on the flip side, there are certain songs which are the JBJ X Factor Show like most of the classic ballads...

At the end of the day, I truly believe Jon is giving everything he's got. If a athlete brakes his arm, there is no amount are surgery that is going to allow that athlete to throw the way he did in his prime, especially 35 years later. I think Jon is past the point of surgery. When he had to cut Pittsburgh short, I don't think his voice hurt. I think his chords were bleeding...He can probably taste it in the back of this throat... I really believe it's to that point...

Everyone is so quick to criticize him but I actually applaud him. Regardless of his reasons for still doing this, he's giving his all... People should be concerned, not angry... There is a right and wrong way to criticize. (The classy way and the asshole way)...Most of the angry people on here are the ones who don't attend the shows or even pay for the albums yet they are still here years after year, album and album, tour after tour spewing the same things over and over again... "I refuse to pay for this garbage but I still need to give my opinion because this is a public post board and I'm entitled. I liked These Days 22 years ago and that's why I still post here. I'm here to steal new albums and rip bootlegs" OMG!!! Save It!!!

I've been a loyal fan for the past 35 years and I'll continue to be till the end...

I'll save you all time right now! There is no going back. There might be some moments better than others based on certain elements and factors but all in all, this is it people...
Who's angry ?
Being critical is not the same as being angry ...
As I said before ... I feel happy for the fans who still enjoy the band live, and I respect their opinion, but when it comes to some users here, the opposite is not true. You get attacked and accused of fabricating stories because you don't share their opinion.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.