View Single Post

Old 03-26-2017, 03:22 AM
Dry County

if they reeeeally cared about what songs were hits on each country (which its not the case and tbh it would be a nightmare for them to do it?), with a bit of research they would find some songs brazilians really like, that were huge hits here, and would get a good answer from the crowd cos most people know them, even if they're casuals or even not fans.

Never Say Goodbye was a big thing here back in the 80s.

Always was a big thing all over the world, but damn everyone knows this song here, even if you never heard of the band (is that even possible?), together with IBTFY following the same thought.

Skipping the 90s, Thank You for Loving Me was huge, HUGE here in Brazil (because it was in a soap opera, it happens a lot).

It's my life was a hit too, the videoclip of these two songs were on MTV all the time.

Moving foward, Misunderstood was, the way I see it, the biggest hit Bon Jovi had here after 2000. Yep, soap opera. But really, it was everywhere, all the time (remember back in 98 when My Heart Will Go On was playing every corner you turned? Yes, like this) ... even very famous brazilian bands covered Misunderstood in their shows.

Everyday and Say it isn't so were a thing here too, but not as big as Misunderstood.

Anyway, these are some of the songs they could play to please us here, but I'm sure they won't be on the setlist... I can dream tho.

Concerts I will always keep in my mind and heart:

Iron Maiden - Recife, Brasil, March 31 2009
Bon Jovi - Morumbi Stadium, São Paulo, Brasil -October 6 2010
Iron Maiden - Recife, Brasil, April 3 2011
Paul McCartney - Recife, Brasil, April 21 and 22 2012
Iron Maiden - Fortaleza, Brasil, March 23 2016