View Single Post

Old 04-07-2022, 12:09 AM
Price of posting

To be honest, Jon's voice got damaged during the Becuase We Can Tour. More than 100 shows in less than 1 year, he looked for it himself. I guess in that year, he was more concerned with having enough money to buy a Football team. When Richie defected, Jon didn't have that vocal backing, so he going the extra mile with so many shows on the legs... it takes its toll, and he's not 25 anymore like he was on the SWW Tour. He lost everything, his voice.

I've said it before, since then, his performance isn't what he was anymore, and I don't mean a vocal technique. He just can't do something that feels magical and genuine even if his voice fails.

On "the legacy" of the band... Jon pissed and shit on this when he made that WWWB documentary. He's the CEO, he's JBJ enterprise, which includes Bon Jovi... thats ​​his ridiculous words.

Jon could have taken a break from the band after The Circle/GH 2010. He could have released a solo album or two, then come back strong with a Bon Jovi album. Nothing guarantees that it would have been a better album than what it has given us in these years, but at least that "legacy" would remain intact... since Richie probably would never have defected.... Jon would not have ruined his voice doing that effort of 107 shows in less than 1 year, and now he could be enjoying a tour with dignity at his 60 years as other bands and artists of his generation are doing.

If Jon wants to continue as an artist (with the band or as a solo artist), he only has to record studio albums. It's the only medium where Jon can do the trick and we believe it. Forget the tours, maybe some promotional shows and that's it.. Do something similar to the last years of the Beatles, and I know that the music industry is not what it was, but I'm not talking about releasing albums to make gold... I'm talking about releasing albums to feed his ego as a musician and artist . Jon can still do that, I don't know for how long, but it's one of the options if not the only one - to continue with dignity.

The 2022 Tour has an explanation, Jon wants to but he can't do the tour that he had planned for the 2020 album, so he will only settle for these 15 shows to feed the artist inside him a little. I don't think we'll get a lot of rarities on this tour, I think we'll get the 2020 songs rotating every 2 or 3 shows. And that's fine. The artist also has to indulge, I just wish they never played Lost Highway live again (lol).

and one more thing, it is true that in recent years, his new music has not transpired, his singles have no relevance beyond the fans, but neither has it become an act of nostalgia. I mean, Jon does everything he can to offer a show that is not only sustained by the hits of his glory days, look at the setlist of the last years, look at the setlist of the 2022 shows. You will only find 5 or 6 songs from the eighties. Jon hasn't become an act like Guns N Roses (Axl and company play all his hits and rarities from his glorious albums), but I think Jon is wrong with this stance of ignoring his past. . Jon should embrace being a nostalgia act at the shows, because otherwise all he's doing is disappointing his audience even more. I'm not just referring to the hits, I'm referring to giving that show where the songs of yesteryear sound again. There is nothing wrong with that... though on second thought, I think it's too late to use that card.

About a new album, I'm always open to hearing new music, you know, but....I think the 40th Anniversary Box Set is the most interesting thing they're going to offer us in a long time, I hope they don't ruin it.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 04-07-2022 at 12:29 AM..