Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

Should Bon Jovi Tour again in 2022? After April?

Tour Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 04-06-2022, 06:18 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 31 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 38
Gender: male
Posts: 13,188
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

I agree with Theirry, it makes everything JBJ has said up to this point cheap and hollow. The talk about quitting when he couldn't do it anymore, about not being the Fat Elvis. There was a big legacy of monster hits and killer album cuts that started diminishing in 2000 and then just kept sliding downwards in a race for relevancy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 04-06-2022, 06:21 PM
KeepTheFaith2211's Avatar
KeepTheFaith2211 KeepTheFaith2211 is offline
Senior Member
Blaze of Posting
 
Join Date: 10 Jun 2007
Location: South Shields, UK
Age: 29
Gender: male
Posts: 8,906
Default

If they want to, yes.
__________________
Makes much more sense, to live…in the Present Tense…
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-06-2022, 06:37 PM
Eveline Eveline is offline
Senior Member
Blame it on the love of posting
 
Join Date: 11 Nov 2016
Location: Poland
Gender: female
Posts: 1,190
Default

They want it and will want it as long as the big bucks are coming. The question is: who's left who truly wants it? The old ladies who love JBJ's plump ass? Is JBJ that hungry for money? If yes, let them be, they deserve each other.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-06-2022, 06:53 PM
KeepTheFaith2211's Avatar
KeepTheFaith2211 KeepTheFaith2211 is offline
Senior Member
Blaze of Posting
 
Join Date: 10 Jun 2007
Location: South Shields, UK
Age: 29
Gender: male
Posts: 8,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveline View Post
They want it and will want it as long as the big bucks are coming. The question is: who's left who truly wants it? The old ladies who love JBJ's plump ass? Is JBJ that hungry for money? If yes, let them be, they deserve each other.
JBJ is happy then and so are those going. Win win.
__________________
Makes much more sense, to live…in the Present Tense…
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-06-2022, 07:01 PM
micro cuts micro cuts is offline
Member
Runaway
 
Join Date: 31 Mar 2011
Gender: male
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I agree with Theirry, it makes everything JBJ has said up to this point cheap and hollow. The talk about quitting when he couldn't do it anymore, about not being the Fat Elvis. There was a big legacy of monster hits and killer album cuts that started diminishing in 2000 and then just kept sliding downwards in a race for relevancy.
2000's were kinda understandable because they were in their fourties still a good age to be "productive" and make money but whatever comes after 2011 tour both album and live broke their legacy into pieces. I suffocate when hear jon sing or talk, actually I don't listen to them
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-06-2022, 07:01 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 31 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 38
Gender: male
Posts: 13,188
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

Its supply and demand. The market speaks for itself. If people see this tour and come back for more, that's on them. Jon absolutely has an ego and it's buyer beware. If people stop coming, they'll stop touring.

Ticket sales speak louder than anything else.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-06-2022, 07:02 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 31 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 38
Gender: male
Posts: 13,188
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro cuts View Post
2000's were kinda understandable because they were in their fourties still a good age to be "productive" and make money but whatever comes after 2011 tour both album and live broke their legacy into pieces. I suffocate when hear jon sing or talk, actually I don't listen to them
I'm not sure I agree. There's being productive and there's overflooding the market with touring and releases. There was something coming out from the band every year from 2000 up until 2011 almost, give or take. Had they spaced it out I don't think we'd be in the boat we're in. It overworked the band, it diminished quality, it over-satured interest.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-06-2022, 07:24 PM
KeepTheFaith2211's Avatar
KeepTheFaith2211 KeepTheFaith2211 is offline
Senior Member
Blaze of Posting
 
Join Date: 10 Jun 2007
Location: South Shields, UK
Age: 29
Gender: male
Posts: 8,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Its supply and demand. The market speaks for itself. If people see this tour and come back for more, that's on them. Jon absolutely has an ego and it's buyer beware. If people stop coming, they'll stop touring.

Ticket sales speak louder than anything else.
Exactly. If people buy tickets and the band sees no reason to stop…
__________________
Makes much more sense, to live…in the Present Tense…
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-06-2022, 07:27 PM
micro cuts micro cuts is offline
Member
Runaway
 
Join Date: 31 Mar 2011
Gender: male
Posts: 98
Default

So maybe they could have met that demand by releasing live albums, box sets etc and kept touring while they were still in shape. I would take it over crush, have a nice day or lost highway. I agree it overworked the band but you should be realistic and true to yourself as a songwriter or an artist. There should be a balance, at least that's how I see it.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-06-2022, 07:52 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 31 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 38
Gender: male
Posts: 13,188
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro cuts View Post
So maybe they could have met that demand by releasing live albums, box sets etc and kept touring while they were still in shape. I would take it over crush, have a nice day or lost highway. I agree it overworked the band but you should be realistic and true to yourself as a songwriter or an artist. There should be a balance, at least that's how I see it.
Completely agree. I think that rhetoric went out the window after Crush. They were always on to the next thing when the last thing didn't sell well. There's a very candid quote from Richie around the promo of The Circle where he was asked what was next and he alluded to the greatest hits being next if the album doesn't sell what they think it will. Like when you break it down:

2000: Crush
2001: Live Album
2002: Bounce
2003: This Left Feels Right
2004: Box Set
2005: Have a Nice Day
2006: I don't believe had anything since HAND was towards the end of the year
2007: Lost Highway
2009: The Circle
2010: Greatest Hits

That's FIVE studio albums in ten years, each with their own year, year and half tour with high ticket costs and similar setlists. After 2005 there wasn't as much radio success either so the demand for new material I don't think was that high. The 90's era had TWO albums. That's a big ol difference.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.