Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

Star City Casino - Sydney Concert

Tour Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-16-2010, 01:57 AM
sambora82 sambora82 is offline
Member
Undiscovered Posts
 
Join Date: 17 Dec 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Gender: male
Posts: 30
Default Star City Casino - Sydney Concert

I managed to get a ticket to Jovi concert at Star City Casino, Sydney last night. I know someone that knows someone lol

Anyways, the guys played in the theatre which holds 1400 people. It was a very energetic 75min set. Jon held nothing back and seemed to really want to impress the crowd of VIP and media people made up of Russell Crowe, Anthony LaPaglia, Bob Geldof, Kirsty Hinds and a who's who of other Australian celebrities.

The concert was put on by the Casino who are renovating. This was party of the launch celebrations.

I would have thought the crowd would have been subdued due to the nature of the A-List environment, but they rocked hard on their feet for most of the performance.

Only suprise was that Bob Geldof didnt get up and sing I dont like Mondays with them. I would have thought it was a given.

Jon came out in the encore wearing a South Sydney Rabbitohs jersey (Russell Crowes Rugby League team)

From what I remember the setlist was (order is almost correct);

1) Not Fade Away
2) Bad Name
3) Born to be my Baby
4) WWBTF
5) Pretty Woman
6) WWWB
7) It's My Life
Have a Nice Day
9) Keep the Faith
10) Wanted Dead or Alive
11) Who Says
12) Prayer
ENCORE
13) Bad Medicine w/Shout
__________________
Well I can still remember, when I was just a kid, when friends were friends forever and what you said was what you did.....

Last edited by sambora82; 12-17-2010 at 01:17 AM..
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 12-16-2010, 05:38 AM
Makedde's Avatar
Makedde Makedde is offline
Senior Member
Jovi FANatic
 
Join Date: 08 Mar 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 36
Gender: female
Posts: 1,350
Default

Nice setlist, if not for WWWB (which doesn't really work live) and Who Says, which isn't a bad song but gets boring after awhile.
__________________
My Bon Jovi Concerts

Etihad Stadium, December 11, 2010
Etihad Stadium, December 7, 2013
Etihad Stadium, December 8 2013
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-16-2010, 06:51 AM
JOvisoul01's Avatar
JOvisoul01 JOvisoul01 is offline
Senior Member
Wanted Dead or Alive
 
Join Date: 21 Oct 2007
Location: In this planet
Gender: female
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambora82 View Post
I managed to get a ticket to Jovi concert at Star City Casino, Sydney last night. I know someone that knows someone lol

Anyways, the guys played in the theatre which holds 1400 people. It was a very energetic 75min set. Jon held nothing back and seemed to really want to impress the crowd of VIP and media people made up of Russell Crowe, Anthony LaPaglia, Bob Geldof, Kirsty Hinds and a who's who of other Australian celebrities.

The concert was put on by the Casino who are renovating. This was party of the launch celebrations.

I would have thought the crowd would have been subdued due to the nature of the A-List environment, but they rocked hard on their feet for most of the performance.

Only suprise was that Bob Geldof didnt get up and sing I dont like Mondays with them. I would have thought it was a given.

Jon came out in the encore wearing a South Sydney Rabbitohs jersey (Russell Crowes Rugby League team)

From what I remember the setlist was (order is almost correct);

1) Not Fade Away
2) Bad Name
3) Born to be my Baby
4) WWBTF
5) Pretty Woman
6) WWWB
7) It's My Life
Have a Nice Day
9) Wanted Dead or Alive
10) Who Says
11) Prayer
ENCORE
Bad Medicine w/Shout
Thanks for the info, I hope you had a great time
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-16-2010, 10:15 AM
VanJovi's Avatar
VanJovi VanJovi is offline
Senior Member
Destination any Forum
 
Join Date: 02 Dec 2002
Location: London, UK
Age: 47
Gender: female
Posts: 4,145
Default

Thanks for sharing the details.
__________________
Vanesa~

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-16-2010, 10:20 AM
caramia caramia is offline
Junior Member
Suddenly
 
Join Date: 15 Dec 2010
Gender: female
Posts: 6
Default Star City Gig

Nice work getting in ticket Wouldn't of knocked back a chance to be there!

Shame Russell Crowe swayed goood sport Jon to wear that flattering Souths Jersey! lol, poor thing looks like 'where's wally'

Have to say though.....after seeing two BJ Concerts in the last few weeks, I would of killed to be there but after seeing the set list and some video....I am not so cut! Really just appeared to be a auto pilot edited version of a stadium show, same "this ain't television people' sayings, songs etc. I know I know the 'a list' punters would of loved it and Jon is energetic and charismatic as ever but.......how about mixing it up a little? I am worried I see hints of 'the fat elvis' in a hot bod. And surely he can pull something better out of his bag of tricks that SHOUT? He plays that on EVERY Aus tour for last 15 years. I don't know about anyon else but I am OVER hearing it and it's not even his song. (pretty woman a real refreshing winner though) they have soooo many awesome songs on latest Circle Album, would of been nice chance to play some new stuff like Loves the Only Rule, Superman with WWWB........surely less repetitive for him too, especially when he is plugging his three upcoming shows to the crowd?! No stadium footage so no need to work to the standard set list.

I don't want to seem negative, but after two concerts on a circle tour and only three songs from the album, was a bit disapointed (even though the shows rocked as always). Thank God he played IN THESE ARMS and DIAMIOND RING in Brisbane, otherwise I would be sending him to the local RSL rather than casino to play the old time best of hits on autocue!

Still love you BJ, but miss the old impromptu sets, intimate accoustic concerts and all those AMAZING songs you recorded that I listen to that never make the set list ;P. Not all night - just a handful or an different events

That's my wee gripe "Jon : "you with me out there" hehe.
Those of you off to Sydney, have a blast!

Last edited by caramia; 12-16-2010 at 10:24 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Jovimimi's Avatar
Jovimimi Jovimimi is offline
Senior Member
Just posting
 
Join Date: 04 Aug 2002
Posts: 5,461
Default

thank you for all the details about the casino show .. I see we have been somehow mislead about that one at first it said it was for oprah but it was maybe with oprah but all the guests were VIP style and celebrities which I had no idea ...
when the guys play for ppl like that they always do a very different style of show (I noticed many times that often it seems Jon enjoy to play for ppl who are not fans because he knows they know nothing)

that shows sounds a lil bit like the promo show in madrid
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-16-2010, 12:41 PM
bjcrazycpa's Avatar
bjcrazycpa bjcrazycpa is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Geek
 
Join Date: 30 Aug 2002
Location: Weehawken, NJ
Age: 55
Gender: female
Posts: 6,769
Default

Thank you very much for the details on the show.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-16-2010, 03:47 PM
JOvisoul01's Avatar
JOvisoul01 JOvisoul01 is offline
Senior Member
Wanted Dead or Alive
 
Join Date: 21 Oct 2007
Location: In this planet
Gender: female
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramia View Post

Still love you BJ, but miss the old impromptu sets, intimate accoustic concerts and all those AMAZING songs you recorded that I listen to that never make the set list ;P. Not all night - just a handful or an different events
I am with you a 100% in this one. I miss the old Jovi, but as I am often reminded by my friends, that was yesterday and this is now. So as I often reply to them as well, it is because Jon wants, so what?

I have to be clear that at certain type of events, like this casino one, other promo type shows, and those that seem to be done because of a certain type of agreement, the autopilot show is what I expect. The audience is not even half way there, so whatever they get it will be good enough for them, specially is the shows are freebies.

Last edited by JOvisoul01; 12-16-2010 at 06:16 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Jovimimi's Avatar
Jovimimi Jovimimi is offline
Senior Member
Just posting
 
Join Date: 04 Aug 2002
Posts: 5,461
Default

on wenn there is a section for that event but with no bon jovi photos just the red carpet for all the ppl at the show it was a show ALL CELEBRITIES ...

http://www.skynews.com.au/showbiz/ar...83&vId=2022239

Last edited by Jovimimi; 12-16-2010 at 06:00 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-17-2010, 12:20 AM
Dawn's Avatar
Dawn Dawn is offline
Senior Member
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 29 Jul 2002
Location: ENGLAND
Gender: female
Posts: 11,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovimimi View Post
on wenn there is a section for that event but with no bon jovi photos just the red carpet for all the ppl at the show it was a show ALL CELEBRITIES ...

http://www.skynews.com.au/showbiz/ar...83&vId=2022239
thanks for the link... looked a good show , great to see VIPs on their feet.... I love fad away...

Dawn
__________________
BON JOVI 30 DAY SONG CHALLENGE

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bon-Jo...41182859285688

JOVITALK LIVING ON A PRAYER VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkHD8FJtJQ4

Dry County 8th June 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB3Yi...eature=related

ALL I NEED IS YOU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-UDWk6e_aE
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.