View Single Post

Old 05-04-2018, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfan View Post
I don't. I've seen the band too many times to not want to hear new songs.
Yep, ditto. I want to hear the THINFS songs on the THINFS tour, they can all disappear from the next tour if they want, but at least give them a run out on the album's tour. Give them a chance to work live - a lot of the casuals are of the "new stuff = piss break" opinion, but they've been like that for years anyway and its not just a Jovi thing.

I've said before, we can have a good setlist with a few new songs in, its the deadwood from elsewhere that needs to go. Look at those 5 audibles from last night in Philly, get rid of WLOL and LH as well as follow, stick 3 of them in instead, replace Amen with Labor Of Love / Scars / Come on up.. for the slow song in the crowd which then also ticks a new song box (and lets face it no-one goes to a BJ show wanting to hear Amen) and chuck an uptempo new song in as well, then you have:

This House is Not For Sale
Raise Your Hands
You Give Love a Bad Name
Blood On Blood
Roller Coaster
Born to Be My Baby
Who Says You Can't Go Home
It's My Life
Always
We Got it Going on
Keep the Faith
Labor Of Love / Scars On This Guitar
Bed of Roses
Lay Your Hands on Me
Runaway
Born Again Tomorrow / New Years Day
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
Bad Medicine

ENCORE
I'll Be There For You
These Days / Blood On Blood
Wanted Dead or Alive
Livin' on a Prayer

4 new songs and a decent setlist around it, all with songs played or on the audibles list this tour, with the new songs spread out to get the crowd back into it if they do lull. Then you can have anything else from THNIFS as audibles as well as stuff like Crash, HAND, IDFU, DC, Follow, LH etc..

I'm glad they are finally getting there with the setlists, just a bit of a shame to take 2 steps forward and one step back with Philly's.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*