View Single Post

Old 07-13-2019, 09:03 PM
Runaway

Send a message via MSN to dziubdzia

Hi guys, I feel like I need to add my two cents to the discussion

I've been a fan since 1997 but I somehow lost interest around 2012-2013 as I got bored with the "new stuff" and discouraged by the whole Richie leaving the band situation.

I was at the Warsaw show and I had a good time. The band was good, the audience was good, the energy was good.. The vocals were terrible though Jon was out of tune 90% of the show, it was as though he could not hear himself at all. He kept adjusting his in-ear monitors at the beginning, like something was wrong with it. But I was not sure whether it was a real problem with the monitors or just a cover up to somehow "explain" the bad singing (that was honestly my thought). I didn't watch any videos from the tour before the show, as I didn't want to get biased/discouraged, so I stood there and couldn't believe my ears. BTBMB was bad, KTF was very bad, even YGLABN was bad.. During "Bad Medicine" something very strange happened, like the whole band got confused with the song, and it was a couple of seconds before it got back to normal.

The setlist was vanilla, but the crowd seemed to enjoy it. Everybody was singing and jumping, even to masterpieces like "Lost Highway" There were also two nice fan actions planned - Polish flag out of colorful pieces of paper lit by mobile phones during Wanted, and a shirt with fan photos which Jon wore during encores.

It was my second Jovi show, first one being Vienna 2011. It was as if those shows were played by two different bands. I'm still a fan of classic Jovi, but I feel some of my enthusiasm has faded away yesterday.