View Single Post

Old 07-15-2019, 11:21 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Funny exaggeration aside, you do realize that the psychological aspect isn't just a theory dreamed up by a bunch of fans, right? True or not, Jon is the one who has repeatedly said, in one way or another, that he was so devastated by Richie leaving that he "couldn't sing in the shower."

Given the gradual decline in Jon's vocals over the years leading up to 2013, I'm sure you're right about the effect that a lifetime of bad technique, overuse, and abuse had on his voice. At the same time, however, it's hard to deny that the decline after 2013 wasn't even in the same zip code as "gradual". Both Jon's vocals and his stage presence basically dropped off a cliff. So I'm equally sure that there's another big part of the problem that probably is psychological.

Granted, you could debate whether that psychological component truly is about Richie leaving; or if that was a convenient excuse that happened to fit in with the overall theme of the THINFS interviews. But the timing is just too coincidental for me to believe it's not somehow related. JMO.
Yes, I’m aware that psychological issues can lead to physical issues, and I’m pretty sure that Richie’s departure accelerated the downhill process that Jon has been suffering since 2013.

What I’m trying to say is that, if Jon gets his shit together today, his voice won’t improve, because he has a physical issue now. All those years of abuse were sure going to catch up with him one day, and psychological issues surely contributed to make that day arrive sooner. However, I’m pretty sure that TODAY, the issue is 100% physical, as he seems to be over the Richie situation.

Last edited by efpg0708; 07-15-2019 at 11:24 PM..