View Single Post

Old 07-16-2019, 07:43 AM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith1985 View Post
I don't think it is really about the money. I think he put a lot of effort into saying the band has reached a new chapter and is evolving that it is too hard for him to deal with his voice problem. He needs the constant approval for what he does and there are still A LOT of people on facebook commenting about how the shows are the best thing they ever went to. He has never really done anything else in his life, there are people in his band (Shanks) who are kissing his ass and I doubt that David will come up to him and say: Jon, stop singing, you sound horrible.
Wembley wasn't decent. Wembley wasn't as worse as you expected. Vocally it was still a trainwreck, as was the rest of the tour with the supposedly "Great shows". It's just that you're used to the way Jon sings nowadays but there's no way greatness comes anywhere near it.

They're all on that stage because of ego and money. There's no way any of them still feel rewarded playing the same songs over and over again with no real change. The reason the band was excited in the period 2008-2011 was because of the change in the set and the way the band worked in the studio. That's all gone as Jon's sole reason is to be as comfortable possible while doing the most uncomfortable thing in his life right now; singing.

If it was up to the band they'd be doing different songs. Recording different records. It's not going to change though and it's been this way for quite some time so for now all they've got to do is go through the motions, look excited, and then move on after 3 weeks of touring. It's easy money. There'll be enough in the bank to justify the extreme expenses millionaires do and at the same time there'll be more than enough time not to worry about anything band-related. No one's on that stage for the music anymore and it shows with every single performance. If they'd care for the music they'd have stopped 10 years ago.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan