Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

The Official July 17 Ernst-Happel-Stadion, Vienna, Austria Thread

Tour Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #81  
Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM
luongdeehk luongdeehk is offline
Junior Member
Suddenly
 
Join Date: 29 Apr 2016
Gender: male
Posts: 2
Default More playback during Livin on a prayer?

Listen to this video from Vienna:

1:58 , 3:04 , 3:48 , 4:04


Sounds like the "Take my hand, and we'll make it I swear" part has playback with Jon's voice from the original version (1986) through all the choruses including the key change.

It's not Phil X's voice because you can see he's not singing that part in some of the choruses. It doesn't sound like David or Everett either.

It wouldn't surprise me, because he's struggling now more than ever to use his middle-upper range, though he can shout out some high notes here and there.

Last edited by luongdeehk; Yesterday at 11:16 PM..
Reply With Quote

  #82  
Old Yesterday, 11:14 PM
rolo_tomachi rolo_tomachi is offline
Senior Member
Destination any Forum
 
Join Date: 19 Aug 2009
Gender: male
Posts: 4,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaJovi View Post
I can't even begin to understand how Jon goes onstage in this condition and performs in front of thousands. I wouldn't dare. I remember that wedding video where they insisted he sing prayer and he was terrified, I can't imagine how he will feel in every public event where they might ask him to sing something.

Also, I wonder how the relationship between the band members is. Is everybody waiting orders and going "Yes Sir, you are sounding great sir.". Maybe Tico or David are mentioning the issue or are they also delusional?

The internal conversations really intrigue me, I hope when it's all over we get a good autobiography revealing all the shit.
Yep, what intrigues me too, is how he treats the band now, you know, he behaved like a stupid perfectionist, and he was in a bad mood in the rehearsals when there was some small mistake of Richie or David.... and when they failed in the shows, Jon did not hesitate to throw his stink eye.

I would like to know if there are now tensions on the band, or however, Jon is no longer so perfectionist with the band and has relaxed with them, making it more tolerable.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old Yesterday, 11:47 PM
Tictoc Tictoc is offline
Senior Member
Blame it on the love of posting
 
Join Date: 16 Jun 2007
Location: In a bar breathing smoke, snorting whiskey drinking coke.
Gender: male
Posts: 1,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Yep, what intrigues me too, is how he treats the band now, you know, he behaved like a stupid perfectionist, and he was in a bad mood in the rehearsals when there was some small mistake of Richie or David.... and when they failed in the shows, Jon did not hesitate to throw his stink eye.



I would like to know if there are now tensions on the band, or however, Jon is no longer so perfectionist with the band and has relaxed with them, making it more tolerable.
From backstage footage and seeing Jon's reactions to Ticos f*ck ups I think it's apparent that he's calmed down a lot and probably thanks the band nightly for carrying him.

Even he wouldn't have the audacity to question anyone elses performance when he's clearly not fit to hold a mic anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old Today, 12:05 AM
BJFan99 BJFan99 is offline
Senior Member
Blame it on the love of posting
 
Join Date: 11 Apr 2016
Location: Finland
Gender: male
Posts: 1,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictoc View Post
From backstage footage and seeing Jon's reactions to Ticos f*ck ups I think it's apparent that he's calmed down a lot and probably thanks the band nightly for carrying him.

Even he wouldn't have the audacity to question anyone elses performance when he's clearly not fit to hold a mic anymore.
That's what I've recently been noticing as well. Jon is fully aware of his vocal state and therefor no longer really gives a shit about anybody else's mistakes, knowing that even the biggest f*ck-ups of anyone else on stage are much less noticeable than any of his own.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old Today, 12:09 AM
efpg0708 efpg0708 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi FANatic
 
Join Date: 27 Jul 2010
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Age: 33
Gender: male
Posts: 1,417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Very well said and you should have enough self-confidence to still have had a good time even though others might be trashing videos from the show. You've admitted to having hated videos before your own show of concerts others probably had liked. I was in Munich and didn't enjoy it too much, others liked it. I'm happy for them, but doesn't change my opinion either.

Yes, Jon still has the frontman charisma and I think pretty much all reviews of users here who went to shows on this leg stated that, too. But here we got a video of a beautiful song that is "sung" with the wrong timing and the singer basically not hitting any notes. It's hard to be positive then.

For example, It's My Life in Munich. It was amazing fun because the audience was shouting it at the top of their lungs, me included. I had a great time during that song, but that doesn't change that it vocally was probably horrendous and a shout fest if I watch it on Youtube. You couldn't really notice it there because the fans were so loud, but that didn't make him sing on key in the stadium anyway.
Thatís my main issue with Bon Jovi today. Unless you have a good crowd, youíre going to be bored, because Jon canít carry the show anymore and Richie isnít there to do the same.

The two summer concerts in Chicago 2010 had very meh crowds but I was blown away mainly because Jon sang his ass off and Richie was a beast. To this day I get shivers when watching HAND and Always from those nights. Iím pretty sure it would have been a snooze fest if Jon was in his recent form back then.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old Today, 12:26 AM
YOVANAfromPeru's Avatar
YOVANAfromPeru YOVANAfromPeru is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 22 Oct 2017
Age: 32
Gender: female
Posts: 2,273
Default

I think lot of people see JBJ like a money machine, I mean this necklace is not even pretty: https://www.bonjoviofficialmerch.com...ature-necklace
I wish he had real friends who can tell him the truth, he looks very tense sometimes in the concertsÖ
__________________
Jon Bon Jovi said about this selfie: "That's a good one!!". U_U morŪ!
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old Today, 12:45 AM
faith1985's Avatar
faith1985 faith1985 is offline
Senior Member
Blame it on the love of posting
 
Join Date: 12 Nov 2009
Location: behind Tico's drum kit
Age: 33
Gender: female
Posts: 1,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveline View Post
You know what, guys? I've read all those several pages of your posts and now I literally feel guilty for having enjoyed my gig in Warsaw *being that massive Richie fan in the first place!*. I even posted a lengthy review but it seems no one is interested in that bc it was too positive maybe? I used to be so critical about the band and hated all those youtube vids but in person it was much better. The bootlegs still makes your ears hurt but it's a totally different experience live. Jon's lost his voice but still can provide shows that entertain thousands. Even if some fans left, the vast majority stayed in the venue. I have a vague feeling that maybe I need a few days/weeks break from this board bc I suddenly feel I don't belong here.
Everyone has got a different experience at a gig. If you enjoyed it, it was a good one for you. Everyone has different expectations and focuses on different things and if you went home happy that is what counts, I think. I really enjoyed the second half of the Wembley gig (apart from it being too short) there are people here who do not agree with it being good, I disagree but I would never change my opinion because someone has got a different one. I walked away knowing I really liked it and that is what mattered to me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.